Skip to Content (Press Enter)
If you want to grow your family or help others do so, surrogacy is a wonderful method for family building. Circle Surrogacy & Egg Donation has over 25 years of experience helping intended parents from all backgrounds grow their families with the help of surrogate mothers and egg donors. We created this guide especially for residents of South Dakota who want to know more about the surrogacy process—whether you want to understand how it works, become a surrogate, find a surrogate, and much more. We are here for you!
Couples and individuals from a variety of backgrounds, ages, and sexual orientations build their families through surrogacy. Intended parents from South Dakota often include:
All kinds of healthy, intelligent women become gestational surrogates and egg donors. Each surrogacy journey is unique.
People from Rapid City to Sioux Falls and across South Dakota who are ready to start a surrogacy journey as intended parents, surrogates, or egg donors have access to many benefits, including:
Before you match with a surrogate, you will need to match with an egg donor (if you need one). Our egg donor database is filled with young women who are intelligent and physically and emotionally healthy who have at least one child of their own. Once matched with a donor, she will have her egg retrieval, and intended parents will create their embryos.
Next, Circle’s Matching Team will help you match with the perfect surrogate and encourage you to form a strong bond with her. Let us know if you'd prefer to match with a surrogate who also lives in South Dakota.
After helping you find a surrogate match, your agency will assist with the following during her pregnancy:
Pregnancy is an exciting time during which many intended parents and surrogates bond. Depending on where she lives, you might even join your surrogate for prenatal appointments.
If you are emotionally and financially ready to begin a surrogacy journey within the next 12 months, it’s time to arrange a consultation with the agency you selected. Circle offers complimentary, in-depth surrogacy consultations with a parent intake consultant and a lawyer. We reserve 2 to 2 1/2 hours for these private meetings so we can get to know you and your story, as well as talk about surrogacy and the process as it relates to your situation. We will walk you through surrogacy programs and costs, as well.
Free consultations with our team are available over video; we do our best to accommodate your schedule.
If you're not ready for a full consultation but would like more information, you can schedule a pre-consultation with our intake team by contacting [email protected] and someone will reach out to coordinate a time.
Circle Surrogacy offers one all-inclusive surrogacy cost program for intended parents living in South Dakota: the Journey Protection Guarantee Program.
This program was designed to provide the utmost protection and financial security for intended parents, with no surprise costs or fees popping up during the journey. No other surrogacy agency can promise that!
Journey Protection Guarantee Program
Surrogacy only: $148,750
Surrogacy plus egg donation: $172,750
(both prices exclude IVF)
Our Journey Protection Guarantee offers Intended Parents:
Unlike other agencies, Circle Surrogacy fixes the costs on fees associated with your surrogacy journey. With our Journey Protection Guarantee Program, intended parents can expect fixed costs on the following:
• Professional Fees
• Gestational Carrier (i.e., surrogate) and Egg Donor Fees
• Pregnancy, Labor & Delivery Insurance
Circle Surrogacy is proud to offer this all-inclusive program to help as many Intended Parents in South Dakota as possible bring home a baby while reducing variable costs.
The costs outlined above are for our Surrogacy Only and Surrogacy Plus Egg Donation Programs. For more information about the costs of our other programs, please email us or call us at 617.439.9900.
Some intended parents may have the opportunity to qualify for financing for their journey. Please speak with our Parent Intake Team or Consultation Team or by filling out this form.
We enjoy bringing intended parents and surrogates together. Finding the right match is an exciting part of your journey to parenthood. You will have plenty of choices because Circle works with many surrogate mothers from South Dakota, as well as most of the surrounding states.
First, take some time to think about what's important to you in a gestational carrier and your surrogacy journey. This upfront preparation will make it easier to find a surrogate on your own (if you're doing an independent journey) or to choose a good match from the candidates your surrogacy agency has presented. Most of the surrogates and intended parents we have matched form strong bonds and remain connected well beyond delivery.
At Circle, you will begin the surrogate matching process by filling out our intended parent profile. Our Matching Team will use it to get to know you better and help match you with an ideal surrogate. The profile contains questions about you, your relationship (if you have a partner), your family, your hobbies, your plans for parenthood, and what brought you to surrogacy. We'll also ask you to share photos of yourself, your loved ones, and anything else that gives us a good sense of who you are as people.
Your profile is also where you share your preferences on:
If you are making an independent surrogacy journey, the points above can be helpful guidelines to use when looking for a suitable match.
When searching for a surrogate mother in South Dakota, be sure to keep the following important criteria in mind:
1. Does she meet the legal requirements? Circle’s legal department ensures each surrogate meets the requirements of South Dakota’s surrogacy laws before we present her profile to intended parents.
2. Do her personality and surrogacy expectations match yours? At Circle, your Matching Team (which includes a lawyer) will work together to ensure your personality and expectations fit well with the surrogate’s so you have a comfortable relationship throughout the journey.
3. Do you agree on expectations surrounding termination and selective reduction? Surrogates and intended parents should share the same views in case a selective reduction or pregnancy termination needs to be considered. Many intended parents we have worked with prefer having the option to terminate or selective reduce if issues should arise.
Your egg donor (if needed) will contribute to half your child’s genetics, so it’s extremely important to find the right one. Here are some questions to think about when you start looking for your best egg donor match:
Circle's egg donor database is a helpful place for intended parents to start their egg donor search. You can easily narrow down your choices by searching for specific criteria, including:
Circle’s experienced team can help you make a great match if you’re not completely sure about what you’re looking for in an egg donor.
At Circle, our South Dakota surrogates receive the support and guidance of our experienced social workers and program coordinators, many who have been surrogates themselves. We support women wherever they are in the process whether they are ready to apply now or are interested but want to talk with experienced surrogates or Surrogate Advisors. Here is an overview of the process:
Learn more about the surrogacy process at Circle.
Wherever you are in your journey, we suggest completing our online surrogacy application. It takes only about 10 minutes to complete and there is no obligation to proceed if you aren’t ready.
Gestational surrogates are very special women who are passionate about motherhood and their families. They are teachers, medical professionals, and stay-at-home moms. They are spirited, caring, and selfless.
To qualify as a surrogate mother in South Dakota, you must meet the following requirements:
Our surrogate mothers who live in South Dakota enjoy the following benefits:
See Circle’s full list of benefits and compensation for surrogates in South Dakota.
Surrogate mothers receive monthly payments and start earning compensation and benefits even before they are pregnant.
Many of Circle’s staff members have been surrogates themselves. So, it makes sense that we know what it takes to provide exceptional support for surrogates. From the moment they fill out their application to delivery day and beyond, our thoroughly prescreened surrogates have access to:
If you have questions about being a surrogate, our highly experienced team is ready with answers.
We can also connect you with skilled, trustworthy experts. We will refer you to an attorney in your area who has a strong working knowledge of assisted reproductive technology (ART) law and with whom we’ve worked previously to help you review and understand any legal contracts. It’s just one more way we help make the entire surrogacy process smooth and simple. To learn more, read our blog post about the 10 steps to becoming a surrogate.
The Circle Surrogate Promise is a program exclusive to Circle Surrogates; no other agency can offer the same level of security and support. It guarantees pay, security, and support for our gestational carriers. We created this program because we truly care about our carriers and want surrogacy to be as successful and rewarding as possible for each of them. We have incorporated feedback from previous carriers to improve our offerings.
Circle Surrogacy promises:
1. Guaranteed compensation. Circle ensures that each surrogate is always paid in full and on time by financially backing our intended parents.
2. No medical bill liability. Circle Surrogacy takes on the liability of medical bills. We listened to our past surrogates and their frustrations with medical bills, and we’ve made big changes. While as the patient, a surrogate will always receive medical bills, our new Fixed Cost programs for intended parents allow us to protect both the surrogates and the intended parents and ensure all medical bills will be paid in a timely manner.
3. $5,000 compensation, even if you leave the program. If you are accepted into our surrogate program and you are medically cleared and matched with intended parents—but you don’t achieve a pregnancy—we will compensate you for your time, energy, and dedication thus far in your journey (up to $5,000 total).
4. Empowerment in birth choices. Not every gestational carrier has the same desires when it comes to the birth of their surrogate baby. At Circle, our surrogates have choices for their preferred birth options, such as doula care, a hospital birth, or using a birth center with a midwife.
5. Personalized, small agency feel; large agency resources. The first person you speak with at Circle will likely be an experienced carrier who guides you through the process until you are matched with your intended parents. They’ll also personally introduce you to your dedicated social worker and journey support team, all of whom are in-house at Circle. You’ll always be supported by a Circle employee who knows all the details about you and your journey. (You’ll never have to worry about working with a third party who doesn’t even know your name!) Plus, with our expanded team, we are able to offer support groups, virtual events, one-on-one surrogate mentorship, and more.
We believe the matching process isn’t just for intended parents. Once you decide to become a gestational carrier in South Dakota, we will make sure to match you with the right intended parents using our extensive and thorough matching process. You will take this monumental journey together, so it’s important you feel connected with the intended parents and completely trust them.
First, your Surrogate Advisor will try to find the perfect intended parents for you based on personality fit and legal circumstances. You’ll get to review each other’s profiles, ask questions, and see if you feel comfortable with each other. You will also meet the intended parents in an initial video call and possibly in person. It’s important to make sure both you and the intended parents feel comfortable with the match. Only then will the surrogacy agreement move forward.
Circle works with a wide variety of intended parents, including LGBTQ+ and heterosexual couples, domestic and international couples, singles, and more. We’re confident there’s the right match for you.
Whether you are intended parents or are interested in becoming a surrogate or egg donor, the surrogacy process can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Learning more about surrogacy is the first step of your journey.