Skip to Content (Press Enter)
At first, the idea of growing your family through surrogacy or helping someone else do so as a surrogate mother can feel overwhelming. For over 25 years, Circle Surrogacy & Egg Donation has been helping people from all backgrounds grow their families. We created this guide to help residents of Indiana through the surrogacy process whether they want to understand how it works, become a surrogate, find a surrogate, or much more. We’ve got this!
Surrogacy allows couples and individuals from a variety of backgrounds, ages, and sexual orientations to build their families. Surrogacy and egg donation benefit intended parents from Indiana who don’t all look the same. They often include:
No two surrogacy journeys are the same!
People from all over Indiana, including Indianapolis, Evansville, South Bend, and Fort Wayne, who are ready to start a surrogacy journey as intended parents, surrogates, or egg donors have access to many benefits, including:
If you plan to use an egg donor, you will need to match with her before you match with a surrogate. You can search our egg donor database, where you'll find young women who are intelligent, emotionally balanced, and physically healthy who have at least one child of their own and want to help you make your dream of parenthood come true.
Circle’s Matching Team will help you match with the perfect surrogate and encourage you to form a strong bond with the woman who will carry your baby(ies). Let us know if you'd prefer to find a surrogate who also lives in Indiana.
After helping you find a surrogate match, your agency will assist with the following during her pregnancy:
Many intended parents and surrogates bond during this exciting time. Depending on where your surrogate lives, you might even join her for prenatal appointments.
Are you emotionally and financially ready to begin a surrogacy journey within the next 12 months? Start with a consultation with the agency you selected. Complimentary surrogacy consultations at Circle are private meetings with a parent intake consultant and a lawyer. Expect the meeting to take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours so we can get to know you and your story, as well as talk about surrogacy and the process as it relates to your situation. We will walk you through surrogacy programs and costs, as well.
If you're not ready for a full consultation but would like more information, you can schedule a pre-consultation with our intake team by contacting [email protected] and someone will reach out to coordinate a time.
In Indiana, each surrogacy journey is unique, so costs can vary. At Circle Surrogacy, we believe it is important to minimize unexpected expenses. We have simple, straightforward fixed costs for Professional Fees, Gestational Carrier and Egg Donor Fees, and Medical and Insurance Expenses.
Circle's exclusive all-inclusive Journey Protection Guarantee program is designed to help as many intended parents in Indiana as possible bring home a baby while reducing variable costs.
Surrogacy only: $148,750
Surrogacy plus egg donation: $172,750
(both prices exclude IVF)
Our Journey Protection Guarantee offers Intended Parents:
The costs outlined above are for our Surrogacy Only and Surrogacy Plus Egg Donation Programs. For more information about the costs of our other programs, please email us or call us at 617.439.9900.
Some intended parents may have the opportunity to qualify for financing for their journey. Please speak with our Parent Intake Team or Consultation Team or by filling out this form.
Finding your surrogate match can be an exciting part of your journey to parenthood. Circle works with many surrogate mothers from Indiana, as well as most of the surrounding states.
First, take some time to think about what's important to you in a gestational carrier and your surrogacy journey. This upfront preparation will make it easier to find a surrogate on your own (if you're doing an independent journey) or to choose a good match from the candidates your surrogacy agency has presented. Most of the surrogates and intended parents we have matched remain connected well beyond delivery.
We start the surrogate matching process by having you fill out our intended parent profile. Our Matching Team will use it to get to know you better and help match you with an ideal surrogate. The profile contains questions about you, your relationship (if you have a partner), your family, your hobbies, your plans for parenthood, and what brought you to surrogacy. We'll ask that you also share photos of yourself, your loved ones, and anything else that gives us a good sense of who you are as people.
Your profile is also where you share your preferences on:
If you are doing an independent surrogacy journey, you can use the points above as guidelines when looking for a suitable match.
When searching for a surrogate mother in Indiana, be sure to keep the following important criteria in mind:
1. Does she meet the legal requirements? Our legal department ensures potential matches meet the requirements of Indiana’s surrogacy laws before we present a surrogate’s profile to intended parents.
2. Do her personality and surrogacy expectations match yours? At Circle, your Matching Team (which includes a lawyer) at Circle will work together to ensure a good fit between your personality and the surrogate’s because we want your relationship to be comfortable throughout the journey.
3. Do you agree on expectations surrounding termination and selective reduction? Surrogates and intended parents should share the same views in case a selective reduction or pregnancy termination needs to be considered. Many intended parents we have worked with prefer to make the decision if the question of termination comes up.
If needed, your egg donor will contribute to half your child’s genetics, so it’s extremely important to find the right one. Here are some questions to think about when you start looking for your best egg donor match:
The first place most intended parents start their egg donor search is in an egg donor database. Circle's egg donor database makes it easy to narrow down your choices by searching for specific criteria, including:
Circle is happy to help you make a great match if you’re not completely sure about what you’re looking for in an egg donor.
At Circle, our Indiana surrogates receive the support and guidance of our experienced social workers and program coordinators, many who have been surrogates themselves. We support women wherever they are in the process whether they are ready to apply now or are interested but want to talk with experienced surrogates or Surrogate Advisors. Here is an overview of the process:
Learn more about the surrogacy process at Circle.
Wherever you are in your journey, we suggest completing our online surrogacy application. It takes only about 10 minutes to complete and there is no obligation to proceed if you aren’t ready.
It takes a very special woman to become a gestational surrogate. They are teachers, medical professionals, and stay-at-home moms. They are passionate about their families. They are spirited, caring, and selfless.
To qualify as a surrogate mother in Indiana, you must meet the following requirements:
Circle Surrogacy works with many surrogate mothers who live in Indiana and enjoy the following benefits:
Calculate your surrogate pay in Indiana with our surrogate compensation calculator.
Surrogate mothers receive monthly payments and start earning compensation and benefits even before they are pregnant.
Many of Circle’s staff members have been surrogates themselves. So, there’s no wonder why we understand what it takes to provide exceptional support for surrogates. From the moment they fill out their application to delivery day and beyond, our thoroughly prescreened surrogates receive social work, legal, and journey support. Our highly experienced team is ready to answer all of your questions about being a surrogate.
Circle will connect you with other surrogate mothers through private social groups. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to attend exclusive events with the Circle team.
We can also connect you with skilled, trustworthy experts. We will refer you to an attorney in your area who has a strong working knowledge of assisted reproductive technology (ART) law and with whom we’ve worked previously to help you review and understand any legal contracts. It’s just one more way we help make the entire surrogacy process smooth and simple. To learn more, read our blog post about the 10 steps to becoming a surrogate.
The Circle Surrogate Promise means guaranteed pay, security, and support for our gestational carriers. We created this program because we truly care about our carriers and want surrogacy to be as successful and rewarding as possible for each of them.
Over the years, carriers have given us their feedback. We have taken all of those conversations and suggestions to heart and improved our offerings to our gestational carriers.
The Circle Surrogate Promise is a program exclusive to Circle Surrogates; no other agency can offer the same level of security and support.
Circle Surrogacy promises:
1. Guaranteed compensation. Circle Surrogacy financially backs its intended parents, so a surrogate’s escrow account is always funded to ensure she is always paid in full and on time.
2. No medical bill liability. Circle Surrogacy takes on the liability of medical bills. We listened to our past surrogates and their frustrations with medical bills, and we’ve made big changes. While we can never stop having you receive medical bills (since you are the “patient”), our new Fixed Cost programs for intended parents allow us to protect both the surrogates and the intended parents and ensure all medical bills will be paid in a timely manner.
3. $5,000 compensation, even if you leave the program. If you are accepted into our surrogate program and you are medically cleared and matched with intended parents—but you don’t achieve a pregnancy—we will compensate you for your time, energy, and dedication thus far in your journey (up to $5,000 total).
4. Empowerment in birth choices. Not every gestational carrier has the same desires when it comes to the birth of their surrogate baby. At Circle, our surrogates have choices for their preferred birth options, such as doula care, a hospital birth, or using a birth center with a midwife.
5. Personalized, small agency feel; large agency resources. The first person you speak with at Circle will likely be an experienced carrier who guides you through the process until you are matched with your intended parents. They’ll also personally introduce you to your dedicated social worker and journey support team, all of whom are in-house at Circle. You’ll always be supported by a Circle employee who knows all the details about you and your journey. (You’ll never have to worry about working with a third party who doesn’t even know your name!) Plus, with our expanded team, we are able to offer support groups, virtual events, one-on-one surrogate mentorship, and more.
Circle Surrogacy has the fastest matching times for surrogates with intended parents of any agency. When you apply with Circle Surrogacy as a gestational carrier and are ready to match, we guarantee that you will be matched with intended parents within 60 days or we'll give you $1,000! The sooner you match, the sooner you can start your journey together!
Restrictions may apply; speak with your Surrogate Advisor.
We believe the matching process goes both ways. Once you decide to become a gestational carrier in Indiana, we will make sure to match you with the right intended parents using our extensive and thorough matching process. You will take this monumental journey together, so it’s important you connect with and trust them fully.
Your Surrogate Support team will begin by trying to find the perfect intended parents for you based on personality fit and legal circumstances. You’ll get to review each other’s profiles, ask questions, and see if you feel comfortable with each other. You will also meet the intended parents in an initial Skype or Zoom call and possibly in person. It’s important to make sure both you and the intended parent(s) feel completely comfortable with the match. Only then will the surrogacy agreement move forward.
Circle works with a wide variety of intended parents, including LGBTQ+ and heterosexual couples, domestic and international couples, singles, and more. We’re confident there’s the right match for you.
Whether you are intended parents or interested in becoming a surrogate or egg donor, the surrogacy process can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Learning more about surrogacy is the first step of your journey.