Surrogate mother requirements.
In order to qualify to become a surrogate, here are some requirements an applicant must meet:
See All requirements
• Has delivered a child of her own, and is currently parenting at least one child.
• Has had uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries, as documented by medical records.
• Is between 21-41 years of age.
• Typically has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33. Calculate My BMI.
• Is a citizen, legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States. If a surrogate is a legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States, the surrogate must be able to provide documentation that is valid for at least 2 years.
• Does not participate in the following government aid programs: cash assistance, welfare, public housing and section 8. All other forms of government assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The surrogacy process.
Our surrogate process ensures that you are emotionally and physically ready to become a surrogate, and that you will match with the right intended parents for the most successful and smooth journey.
See Process Details
Here's a snapshot of our process:
• Application and prescreening with the surrogate intake team (all of whom are experienced surrogates and can answer all your questions!)
• Screening with our social work team
• Matching with intended parents
• The embryo transfer!
• Delivery! (aka: giving your intended parents the biggest gift ever!)
Becoming a surrogate truly is the most rewarding experience!