Circle Surrogacy started working with surrogates in New Jersey in 2018 under the new surrogacy law. If you live in New Jersey and you'd like to apply to become a surrogate, we'd love to work with you!
All fields required
Surrogate mothers – or gestational carriers – are women who have a passion for family, and who want to give the gift of parenthood to others. They are women who have enjoyed being pregnant, but who are done growing their own families.
They are compassionate, kind and generous.
In 2018, Governor Phil Murphy signed the bill that legalizes gestational surrogacy in the Garden State!
The new surrogacy law, entitled The New Jersey Gestational Carrier Act, recognizes contracts for gestational surrogacy arrangements. The state’s comprehensive law protects the rights of the surrogate, the intended parents and the baby. This will make New Jersey an excellent setting for surrogacy, protecting all of the parties involved.
In order to qualify to become a surrogate in New Jersey, here are some requirements an applicant must meet:
- Has delivered a child of their own, and is currently parenting at least one child.
- Has had uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries, as documented by medical records.
- Is between 21-41 years of age.
- Typically has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33. Calculate My BMI.
- Is a citizen, legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States. If a surrogate is a legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States, the surrogate must be able to provide documentation that is valid for at least 2 years.
- Does not participate in the following government aid programs: cash assistance, welfare, public housing and section 8. All other forms of government assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Gain an incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family
- Work with intended parents and clinics local to your area
- Exceptional compensation! calculate your surrogate pay
- Work with a personal journey coordination team and licensed social worker
- Consult with your legal representation to guide you through the legal process