Even as an experienced carrier, you must meet our list of requirements, put forth by ASRM.
To be a Circle surrogate, you must meet the following requirements:
• Must have delivered a child of their own, and is currently parenting at least one child.
•Must have completed successful pregnancy and birth, without complications, as documented by medical records.
• Must be between 21-41 years of age.
• In most circumstances, must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33. Calculate My BMI
• Must live in a surrogate-friendly state in the United States (we are very sorry but we cannot accept gestational carriers who reside in Nebraska, Louisiana or Michigan. We can begin accepting applications from New York starting at the end of 2020).
• Must have the support of her family. If married or partnered, the surrogate must have her partner’s support. Also, the surrogate and her partner/primary support person must agree to participate in a social work screening.
• Must be financially secure.
• Must lead a stable, responsible lifestyle.
• Must not use illegal drugs, smoke cigarettes, or abuse alcohol.