Circle Surrogacy is hopeful to start working with women from New York if the new surrogacy law passes in 2019. Until then, see below to learn about the benefits you would receive once you are able to apply to become a surrogate in New York.
Circle Surrogacy is hopeful that the new surrogacy law that would allow gestational surrogacy will be passed in 2019.
Circle's legal team is following the progress very closely and we will report the news as soon as we hear it!
As soon as surrogacy is legal in New York, women from the Empire State must meet the below requirements in order to qualify to become a gestational carrier:
- Has delivered a child of their own, and is currently parenting at least one child.
- Has had uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries, as documented by medical records.
- Is between 21-41 years of age.
- Typically has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33. Calculate My BMI.
- Is a citizen, legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States. If a surrogate is a legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States, the surrogate must be able to provide documentation that is valid for at least 2 years.
- Does not participate in the following government aid programs: cash assistance, welfare, public housing and section 8. All other forms of government assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How much will you make as a surrogate New York? What other surrogate mother benefits will you get?
Here are some of the benefits to being a surrogate in New York State:
• Opportunity to be matched with intended parents and clinics local to the New York area, which helps cut down on the travel you'd need to do
• Exceptional Compensation and benefits, including pay up to $60k
• An incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family
• A personal journey coordination team and licensed social worker to support you