Women who want to apply to become a surrogate mother in Arizona must meet certain requirements. Here are some of the requirements for surrogacy in Arizona:
• Has delivered a child of their her, and is currently parenting at least one child.
• Has had uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries, as documented by medical records.
• Is between 21-41 years of age.
• Typically has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33. Calculate My BMI.
• Is a citizen, legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States. If a surrogate is a legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States, the surrogate must be able to provide documentation that is valid for at least 2 years.
• Does not participate in the following government aid programs: cash assistance, welfare, public housing and section 8. All other forms of government assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.