Skip to Content (Press Enter)
At first, surrogacy can seem like an overwhelming experience–whether you hope to grow your family through surrogacy or are a woman who wants to become a surrogate mother. At Circle, we're here to help you navigate surrogacy in Oregon every step of the way. We will make sure you understand how the process works, help you find or become a surrogate, and much more.
If you will be using an egg donor, you will need to match with her before finding a surrogate. You can search our egg donor database where you'll find bright, ambitious young women who are excited for the opportunity to help you grow your family.
Your Program Coordination Team will help you find the perfect surrogate match and encourage you to form a strong bond with the woman who will carry your baby(ies). If you'd like to find a surrogate in Oregon, you can share your preference with your PC team.
Once you've identified surrogacy as the way you'd like to grow your family and you've selected an agency with which you'd like to meet, it's time to schedule a consultation.
A surrogacy consultation is an in-depth meeting (about 2 to 2 1/2 hours long) with a parent intake consultant and a lawyer. At Circle, this private meeting gives us time to get to know you and your story and talk about surrogacy and the process as it relates to your situation. We'll help you understand surrogacy programs and surrogacy costs, as well.
Your agency (along with your IVF doctor) can help you determine which surrogacy program is right for you. Some intended parents come to us for gestational surrogacy only, some need a surrogate and an egg donor, others, just an egg donor. Or perhaps you’ve identified a surrogate on your own and would like an agency to manage your journey. Circle Surrogacy has a surrogacy program option that fits your needs.
Circle Surrogacy offers one all-inclusive surrogacy cost program in Oregon: the Journey Protection Guarantee Program.
This program was designed to provide the utmost protection and financial security for intended parents, with no surprise costs or fees popping up during the journey. No other surrogacy agency can promise that!
Journey Protection Guarantee Program
Surrogacy only: $148,750
Surrogacy plus egg donation: $172,750
(both prices exclude IVF)
Our Journey Protection Guarantee offers Intended Parents:
The costs outlined above are for our Surrogacy Only and Surrogacy Plus Egg Donation Programs. For more information about the costs of our other programs, please email us or call us at 617.439.9900.
Our Journey Protection Guarantee Program includes fixed costs on the following:
• Professional Fees
• Gestational Carrier (i.e., surrogate) and Egg Donor Fees
• Pregnancy, Labor & Delivery Insurance
Circle Surrogacy is proud to offer this all-inclusive program to help as many Intended Parents in Oregon as possible bring home a baby while reducing variable costs.
Circle Surrogacy & Egg Donation is proud to be the only surrogacy agency to offer an exclusive financing plan for intended parents living in Oregon, through our partnership with Origin Finance, LLC. Our new financing plan helps make surrogacy an option for even more intended parents to grow their families.
Learn more about our financing plan here or by calling 415.906.7278.
Searching for your surrogate match is an exciting step in your journey to parenthood. Circle has worked with many surrogate mothers from Oregon, as well as most of the surrounding states.
It's hard to imagine what it will be like to find the right woman to carry your baby(ies). In many cases, intended parents aren't quite sure what they should look for in a gestational carrier. You can begin by thinking about what you're looking for in a surrogate, what sort of your relationship you want with your surrogate, and what your expectations for your journey are. Being clear about these goals will make it easier to find a surrogate on your own (if you're doing an independent journey) or determine if your surrogacy agency has presented you with a good match.
You'll be asked to fill out an intended parent profile that not only allows us to get to know you better, but also helps our Matching Team find your surrogate match.
This profile is filled with information about you, your relationship (if you have partner), your family, your hobbies, your plans for parenthood, and what brought you to surrogacy. We'll ask that you also share photos of yourself, your loved ones, and anything else that gives a good sense of who you are as people.
In addition to your profile, you will be matched with your gestational carrier based on certain criteria. Intended Parent matching criteria include preferences on:
If you are doing an independent surrogacy journey, you can use the points above as guidelines when looking for a suitable match.
We recommend intended parents keep the following 3 criteria in mind when searching for a surrogate mother in Oregon:
1. Is she an appropriate legal fit? In the United States, each state has its own laws regarding surrogacy. In addition, each country we assist has different requirements and laws regarding surrogacy. Therefore, our legal team ensures that the laws of the surrogate's home state (where the delivery will take place) complement the laws of intended parents' home state/country (including laws around same sex parenting). The legal department will always approve a match from a legal standpoint before a surrogate profile is presented to intended parents. We will never knowingly present matches that are not a safe legal fit.
2. Do her personality and surrogacy expectations match yours? Your Program Coordination team (including your lawyer) will work together to find you the best surrogate match. Surrogates and intended parents undergo phone calls or in-person meetings with the Circle team early in the process; these meetings help determine your personality as it relates to surrogacy. We also look at IPs' and surrogates' expectations and hopes for the journey including number of embryos to transfer and communication styles.
3. Do you agree on expectations surrounding termination and selective reduction? We ask IPs and surrogates their views on termination of a pregnancy as we want to create a match of IPs and surrogates who share similar views. We want to ensure that the views of the surrogate and the views of the intended parents align in the event a situation arises where a reduction or termination is considered. In our experience, many intended parents prefer the option to make the choice of termination.
At Circle Surrogacy, we screen each surrogate carefully to match intended parents with surrogates who are strong, healthy, and the most likely to become pregnant and deliver a healthy baby.
It's extremely important to find the right egg donor; she will provide half of your child's biology. Here are some questions to think about when you start looking for your best egg donor match:
The first place most intended parents start their egg donor search is in an egg donor database. Circle's egg donor database is easy to use and allows you to search by specific criteria, including:
It's understandable if you're not completely sure of what you're looking for in a donor. Circle is ready to help you make a great match.
At Circle, our Oregon surrogates receive the support and guidance of our experienced social workers and program coordinators, many who have been surrogates themselves. We support women wherever they are in the process whether they are ready to apply now or are interested but want to talk with experienced surrogates or Surrogate Advisors. Here is an overview of the process:
Learn more about the surrogacy process at Circle.
Wherever you are in your journey, we suggest completing our online surrogacy application. It takes only about 10 minutes to complete and there is no obligation to proceed if you aren’t ready.
Women who become surrogates are generous, adventurous, and kind. They are businesspeople, nurses, and stay-at-home moms. They are passionate about their families. They are spirited, caring, and selfless. Surrogate mothers are special people just like you.
You must meet the following requirements to qualify as a surrogate mother in Oregon:
Becoming a surrogate mother in Oregon is one of the most rewarding experiences a woman can have. As a surrogate mother, pay and benefits include:
Calculate your surrogate pay in Oregon with our surrogate compensation calculator.
Circle provides exceptional support for surrogates because many of our staff have been surrogates themselves. Our surrogates receive top-notch prescreening, social work, legal, and journey support from the moment they fill out their application until months after they deliver. Our team is ready to answer any question you can dream of (and then some).
Circle will connect you with other surrogate mothers through private social groups, and you'll have the opportunity to attend exclusive events with the Circle team.
We can also connect you with skilled, trustworthy experts. For example, when it's time for you to review legal contracts, we'll recommend an attorney in your area with whom we've worked previously and who has a strong working knowledge of Assisted Reproduction Technology law. It's just one more way we help make the entire surrogacy program as seamless as possible. To learn more, read our blog post about the 10 steps to becoming a surrogate.
We created the Circle Surrogate Promise to show how much we truly care about our carriers and that we want each of them to have the most successful and rewarding journey possible.
Carriers have shared their thoughts and improvements with our social workers or during their exit interviews. We took all of those conversations and suggestions to heart and improved our offerings to our gestational carriers.
Guaranteed Pay, Security, and Support
The Circle Surrogate Promise is a program exclusive to Circle Surrogates; no other agency can offer the same level of security and support.
Circle Surrogacy promises:
1. Guaranteed compensation. Circle Surrogacy financially backs its intended parents, so a surrogate's escrow account is always funded to ensure she is paid in full and on time, every time.
2. No medical bill liability. Circle Surrogacy takes on the liability of medical bills. We listened to our past surrogates and their frustrations with medical bills, and we've made big changes. While we can never stop having you receive medical bills (since you are the "patient"), our new Fixed Cost programs for intended parents allow us to protect both the surrogates and the intended parents and ensure all medical bills will be paid in a timely manner.
3. $5,000 compensation, even if you leave the program. If you are accepted into our surrogate program and you are medically cleared and matched with intended parents—but you don't achieve a pregnancy—we will compensate you for your time, energy, and dedication thus far in your journey (up to $5,000 total).
4. Empowerment in birth choices. Not every gestational carrier has the same desires when it comes to the birth of their surrogate baby. At Circle, our surrogates have choices for her preferred birth options, such as doula care, a hospital birth, or using a birth center with a midwife.
5. Personalized, small agency feel with the resources of a large agency. The first person you speak with at Circle will likely be an experienced carrier who guides you through the process until you are matched with your intended parents. They'll also personally introduce you to your dedicated social worker and journey support team, all of whom are in-house at Circle. You'll always be supported by a Circle employee who knows all the details about you and your journey. (You'll never have to worry about working with a third party who doesn't even know your name!) Plus, with our expanded team, we are able to offer support groups, virtual events, one-on-one surrogate mentorship, and more.
As an Oregon gestational carrier, the question of who you help is almost as important as your decision to help. After all, you and the prospective parents will embark on a monumental journey together. You want to be sure that you connect with and trust them fully. That's why Circle Surrogacy built an extensive and thorough matching process.
As a first step, your Surrogate Support Team will try to find the perfect intended parent(s) for you, based on personality fit and legal circumstances. You'll get to review each other's profiles, ask questions, and see if you feel comfortable with each other. There will also be an initial Skype or Zoom call, and possibly an in-person meeting. It's important to make sure both you and the intended parent(s) feel completely comfortable with the match. Only then will the surrogacy agreement only move forward.
Circle works with a wide variety of intended parents including LGBTQ+ and heterosexual couples, domestic and international couples, single individuals, and more. We're confident you'll find the right match.