Skip to Content (Press Enter)
Surrogacy is a monumental experience—whether you are considering growing your family through surrogacy or helping others become parents as a surrogate mother. For 27 years, Circle Surrogacy & Egg Donation has been there for people from all backgrounds who want to grow their families. We created this guide specifically for residents of Nevada who want to understand the surrogacy process. We want you to understand how it works, become a surrogate, find a surrogate, or much more.
Couples and individuals from a variety of backgrounds, ages, and sexual orientations build their families through surrogacy. Generous women support intended parents through surrogacy and egg donation in Nevada. Circle often serves intended parents who are:
No two surrogacy journeys are the same!
People from all over Nevada, including Las Vegas, Reno, and Henderson, who are ready to start a surrogacy journey as intended parents, surrogates, or egg donors have access to many benefits, including:
Effective January 1, 2020, Nevada's new law provides that an insurer that offers or issues a health insurance policy that includes coverage for maternity care shall not deny, limit, or seek reimbursement for maternity care because the insured is acting as a gestational carrier. This means that if a surrogate has insurance that includes maternity coverage, her surrogacy pregnancy should be covered by her policy. Surrogates who are able to use their own insurance to cover their surrogate pregnancy are paid a higher base fee.
Intended parents can pursue surrogacy on their own or with the support of an agency. Circle Surrogacy is a highly experienced agency that understands the milestones and events of the journey. We are ready to support you so you can focus on getting ready for your baby's arrival!
If you plan to use an egg donor, you will need to match with her before you match with a surrogate. You can search our egg donor database, where you'll find young women who are intelligent, emotionally balanced, and physically healthy and who have at least one child of their own and want to help you make your dream of parenthood come true.
Circle’s Program Coordination (PC) team will help you match with the perfect surrogate. Let us know if you prefer to find a surrogate who also lives in Nevada. Once matched, we will encourage you to form a strong bond with her.
After helping you find a surrogate match, your agency will provide the following assistance during her pregnancy:
Many intended parents and surrogates bond during this exciting time. If you live close enough, you might even join your surrogate for prenatal appointments.
If you are ready—both emotionally and financially—to begin your surrogacy journey within the next 12 months, it’s time for a consultation with the agency you selected. Complimentary surrogacy consultations at Circle are private meetings with a parent intake consultant and a lawyer. This meeting takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. We want to get to know you and your story. You will learn how surrogacy works and the process as it relates to your situation. We will walk you through surrogacy programs and costs, as well.
Although we prefer to meet in person with intended parents for our consultations, everyone’s health and safety are key. Instead of in-person meetings, we are offering free consultations with our team over video.
If it’s a bit early for you to have a full consultation, you can speak with a member of our team in a 15-minute chat.
In Nevada, each surrogacy journey is unique, so costs can vary. At Circle Surrogacy, we believe it is important to minimize unexpected expenses. We have simple, straightforward fixed costs for Professional Fees, Gestational Carrier and Egg Donor Fees, and Medical and Insurance Expenses.
Circle is the only agency that offers 1 truly fixed-price option for intended parents in Nevada, tailored to specific circumstances. Our Journey Protection Guarantee program are designed to help as many intended parents as possible bring home a baby while reducing variable costs.
Surrogacy only: $157,750
Surrogacy plus egg donation: $184,750
(both prices exclude IVF)
Our Journey Protection Guarantee offers Intended Parents:
Finding your surrogate match can be an exciting part of your journey to parenthood. Circle works with many surrogate mothers from Nevada, as well as most surrounding states.
First, take some time to think about what's important to you in a gestational carrier and your surrogacy journey. This preparation will help you find a surrogate on your own (if you're doing an independent journey) or choose a good match from the candidates your surrogacy agency has presented. Most of the surrogates and intended parents we have matched form strong connections that remain well beyond delivery.
We start the surrogate matching process by having intended parents fill out our profile. We use it to get to know you better and help match you with an ideal surrogate. The profile contains questions about you, your relationship (if you have a partner), your family, your hobbies, your plans for parenthood, and what brought you to surrogacy. We'll ask you to share photos of yourself, your loved ones, and anything else that gives us a good sense of who you are as people.
Your profile is also where you share your preferences on:
If you are doing an independent surrogacy journey, we encourage you to use the points above as guidelines when looking for a suitable match.
When searching for a surrogate mother in Nevada, be sure to keep the following important criteria in mind:
1. Legal requirements. Our legal department ensures potential matches meet the requirements of Nevada’s surrogacy laws before we present a surrogate’s profile to intended parents.
2. Compatibility. At Circle, our Program Coordination team (including a lawyer) works diligently to ensure compatibility in personality and expectations between intended parents and surrogates. We want the relationship to be comfortable for everyone throughout the journey.
3. Expectations. Surrogates and intended parents should share the same views in case a selective reduction or pregnancy termination needs to be considered. Many intended parents we have worked with prefer having the option to terminate the pregnancy should issues arise.
If you need an egg donor, it’s extremely important to find the right one. She will contribute to half your child’s genetics! Here are some questions to think about when you start looking for your best egg donor match:
The first place most intended parents start their egg donor search is in an egg donor database. Circle's egg donor database makes it easy to narrow down your choices by searching for specific criteria, including:
Circle is happy to help you make a great match if you’re not completely sure about what you’re looking for in an egg donor.
Nevada is one of the best states in the country for surrogacy as it allows all intended parents (IPs)—single, married, straight, gay—to pursue surrogacy arrangements and establish their legal parental rights. This is the case whether one, both, or neither of the intended parents is genetically related to the child.
As we mentioned earlier, in Nevada, insurers that offer or issue a health insurance policy that includes maternity care coverage shall not deny, limit, or seek reimbursement for maternity care because the insured is acting as a gestational carrier. Therefore, a surrogate’s pregnancy should be covered by her medical policy if it includes maternity coverage. Surrogates who cover their surrogate pregnancy with their own insurance are paid a higher base fee.
Women from Nevada who are interested in becoming gestational carriers must meet the following requirements:
Circle Surrogacy works with many surrogate mothers who live in Nevada and enjoy the following benefits:
See detailed payments and benefits for surrogates in Nevada.
Surrogate mothers receive monthly payments and start earning compensation and benefits even before they are pregnant.
At Circle, we understand what it takes to provide exceptional support for surrogates because many of our staff members have been surrogates themselves. We provide our thoroughly prescreened surrogates with social work, legal, and journey support from the time they apply to well after delivery day. Our highly experienced team is ready to answer all of your questions about being a surrogate.
Circle has a private social group to give surrogate mothers an easy way to connect with each other. Our surrogates also have the opportunity to attend exclusive events with the Circle team.
We can also connect you with skilled, trustworthy experts. We will refer you to an attorney in your area who has a strong working knowledge of assisted reproductive technology (ART) law and with whom we’ve worked previously to help you review and understand any legal contracts. It’s just one more way we help make the entire surrogacy process smooth and simple. To learn more, read our blog post about the 10 steps to becoming a surrogate.
The Circle Surrogate Promise is our guarantee that ensures pay, security, and support for our gestational carriers. We created this program because we truly care about our carriers and want surrogacy to be as successful and rewarding as possible for each of them.
Over the years, carriers have given us their feedback. We have taken all of those conversations and suggestions to heart and improved our offerings to our gestational carriers.
The Circle Surrogate Promise is a program exclusive to Circle Surrogates; no other agency can offer the same level of security and support.
Circle Surrogacy promises:
1. Guaranteed compensation. Circle Surrogacy financially backs its intended parents, so a surrogate’s escrow account is always funded to ensure she is paid in full and on time.
2. No medical bill liability. Circle Surrogacy takes on the liability of medical bills. We listened to our past surrogates and their frustrations with medical bills, and we’ve made big changes. While we can never stop having you receive medical bills (since you are the “patient”), our new Fixed Cost programs for intended parents allow us to protect both the surrogates and the intended parents and ensure all medical bills will be paid in a timely manner.
3. $5,000 compensation, even if you leave the program. If you are accepted into our surrogate program and you are medically cleared and matched with intended parents—but you don’t achieve a pregnancy—we will compensate you for your time, energy, and dedication thus far in your journey (up to $5,000 total).
4. Empowerment in birth choices. Not every gestational carrier has the same desires when it comes to the birth of their surrogate baby. At Circle, our surrogates have choices for their preferred birth options, such as doula care, a hospital birth, or using a birth center with a midwife.
5. Personalized, small agency feel; large agency resources. The first person you speak with at Circle will likely be an experienced carrier who guides you through the process until you are matched with your intended parents. They’ll also personally introduce you to your dedicated social worker and journey support team, all of whom are in-house at Circle. You’ll always be supported by a Circle employee who knows all the details about you and your journey. (You’ll never have to worry about working with a third party who doesn’t even know your name!) Plus, with our expanded team, we are able to offer support groups, virtual events, one-on-one surrogate mentorship, and more.
The matching process is as important for surrogates as it is for intended parents. Once you decide to become a gestational carrier in Nevada, we will match you with compatible intended parents using our extensive and thorough matching process. You will take this monumental journey together, so it’s important you connect with and trust them fully.
Your Surrogate Support team will begin by trying to find the perfect intended parents for you based on personality fit and legal circumstances. You’ll get to review each other’s profiles, ask questions, and see if you feel comfortable with each other. You will also meet the intended parents in an initial video call and possibly in person. It’s important to make sure both you and the intended parent(s) feel completely comfortable with the match. Only then will the surrogacy agreement move forward.
Circle works with a wide variety of intended parents, including LGBTQ+ and heterosexual couples, domestic and international couples, singles, and more. We’re confident there’s the right match for you.