Skip to Content (Press Enter)
Having a baby through surrogacy is a wonderful method for family-building, whether you are intended parents or a woman who wants to be a surrogate mother. For over over 27 years, Circle Surrogacy & Egg Donation has been helping intended parents from all backgrounds grow their families with the help of surrogate mothers and egg donors. This guide, created especially for Kansas residents, provides an overview of the surrogacy process—whether you want to understand how it works, become a surrogate, find a surrogate, and much more. We are here for you!
Intended parents from Kansas, both couples and individuals, build their families through surrogacy. They come from a variety of backgrounds, ages, and sexual orientations, including:
All kinds of healthy, intelligent women become gestational surrogates and egg donors, making each surrogacy journey unique and very special.
People from Wichita, Overland Park, Topeka, and all across Kansas who are ready to start a surrogacy journey as intended parents, surrogates, or egg donors have access to many benefits, including:
Once matched with a surrogate, your agency will assist with the following during her pregnancy:
Pregnancy is an exciting time for intended parents and surrogates. You might even join your surrogate for prenatal appointments, depending on where she lives.
Before you begin your surrogacy journey, it’s important to be both emotionally and financially ready to start within the following 12 months. The first step is to arrange a consultation with the agency you selected. At Circle, we offer in-depth surrogacy consultations with a parent intake consultant and a lawyer free of charge. We reserve 2 to 2 1/2 hours for these private meetings so we can get to know you and your story, as well as talk about surrogacy and the process as it relates to your situation. We will walk you through surrogacy programs and costs, as well.
Free consultations with our team are available over video; we do our best to accommodate your schedule.
If you're not ready for a full consultation but would like more information, you can schedule a pre-consultation with our intake team by contacting [email protected] and someone will reach out to coordinate a time.
In Kansas, the cost for each surrogacy journey can vary because circumstances are unique. To minimize unexpected expenses, Circle Surrogacy has simple, straightforward fixed prices for Professional Fees, Gestational Carrier and Egg Donor Fees, and Medical and Insurance Expenses.
At Circle Surrogacy, we offer one all-inclusive cost program: our Journey Protection Guarantee Program is designed to help as many intended parents as possible bring home a baby while reducing variable costs.
Surrogacy only: $157,750
Surrogacy plus egg donation: $184,750
(both prices exclude IVF)
Our Journey Protection Guarantee offers Intended Parents:
Some intended parents may have the opportunity to qualify for financing for their journey. Please speak with our Parent Intake Team or Consultation Team or by filling out this form.
We enjoy bringing intended parents and surrogates together. Finding the right match is an exciting part of your journey to parenthood. You will have plenty of choices because Circle works with many surrogate mothers from Kansas, as well as most of the surrounding states.
First, take some time to think about what's important to you in a gestational carrier and your surrogacy journey. This upfront preparation will make it easier to find a surrogate on your own (if you're doing an independent journey) or to choose a good match from the candidates your surrogacy agency has presented. Most of the surrogates and intended parents we have matched form strong bonds and remain connected well beyond delivery.
At Circle, the matching process begins with our intended parent profile. Our Matching Team uses your profile to get to know you better and help match you with an ideal surrogate. You will answer questions about yourself, your relationship (if you have a partner), your family, your hobbies, your plans for parenthood, and what led you to considering surrogacy. We'll also ask you to share photos of yourself, your loved ones, and anything else that gives us a good sense of who you are as a person.
We also use the intended parent profile to understand your preferences on:
If you are looking for a surrogate on your own, the points above can be helpful to use during the matching process.
When we match you with a surrogate mother in Kansas, Circle will help you review the following important criteria:
1. Does the surrogate meet the legal requirements? Our legal department ensures each surrogate meets the requirements of the surrogacy laws in Kansas before we present her profile to intended parents.
2. Does the surrogate’s personality and surrogacy expectations match yours? At Circle, your Matching Team (which includes a lawyer) will work together to ensure your personality and expectations align with the surrogate’s to keep the relationship positive from conception to delivery and beyond.
3. Do you and the surrogate have the same views on termination and selective reduction? In case a selective reduction or pregnancy termination needs to be considered, it’s important for all involved to be in agreement. Many intended parents we have worked with prefer having the option to terminate or selectively reduce if issues should arise.
If you use an egg donor, she will contribute to half your child’s genetics; therefore, it’s extremely important to find the right one. Here are some questions to think about when you start looking for your best egg donor match:
Circle's egg donor database is a helpful place for intended parents to start their egg donor search. You can easily narrow down your choices by searching for specific criteria, including:
Circle’s experienced team can help you make a great match if you’re not completely sure about what you’re looking for in an egg donor.
At Circle, our Kansas surrogates receive the support and guidance of our experienced social workers and program coordinators, many who have been surrogates themselves. We support women wherever they are in the process whether they are ready to apply now or are interested but want to talk with experienced surrogates or Surrogate Advisors. Here is an overview of the process:
Learn more about the surrogacy process at Circle.
Wherever you are in your journey, we suggest completing our online surrogacy application. It takes only about 10 minutes to complete and there is no obligation to proceed if you aren’t ready.
Gestational surrogates are very special women who are passionate about motherhood and their families. They are teachers, medical professionals, and stay-at-home moms. They are spirited, caring, and selfless.
To qualify as a surrogate mother in Kansas, you must meet the following requirements:
Being a surrogate mother in Kansas can give you a variety of benefits, including:
See Circle’s full list of benefits and compensation for surrogates in Kansas.
Our surrogate mothers receive monthly payments and start earning compensation and benefits even before they are pregnant.
At Circle, we understand the monumental emotional, physical and mental commitment of our surrogates – and their families – bring to each and every surrogacy journey. Our compensation and benefits program was created for surrogates, by surrogates; and provides the utmost security, benefits and protection of any surrogate program.
Our new Surrogate Pay & Family Protection Program provides the following:
If compensation is the only thing holding you back from applying with Circle, just chat with us about what other agencies are offering and we can match it.
We promise you'll have the best surrogacy experience with us.
Payments to surrogate mothers begin before they are even pregnant, as well as throughout their pregnancy. Surrogate pay can be broken down in the following categories:
Calculate your base compensation with our payment calculator to see how much you could earn as a surrogate in your state.
Payments Before You Are Pregnant
You will be compensated early in your journey for completing tasks and milestones, such as a signing payment and for your medical screening. These payments are in addition to your base compensation.
Payments During and After Surrogacy
Surrogate mothers also receive financial support for necessities during the pregnancy, such as maternity clothing, housekeeping, for pumping and shipping breast milk and more. These payment are in addition to your base compensation.
Surrogates will also receive benefits that while are not in the form of monetary payments, are priceless in ensuring you're protected and you have a smooth journey. These benefits include: social work support, legal counsel, life insurance and more.
Because many of Circle’s staff members have been surrogates themselves, we know what it takes to provide exceptional support for surrogates. From the moment they fill out their application to delivery day and beyond, we support our thoroughly prescreened surrogates with the following:
If you have questions about being a surrogate, our highly experienced team is ready with answers.
We can also connect you with skilled, trustworthy experts. We will refer you to an attorney in your area who has a strong working knowledge of assisted reproductive technology (ART) law and with whom we’ve worked previously to help you review and understand any legal contracts. It’s just one more way we help make the entire surrogacy process smooth and simple. To learn more, read our blog post about the 10 steps to becoming a surrogate.
The Circle Surrogate Promise is a program exclusive to Circle Surrogates; no other agency can offer the same level of security and support. It guarantees pay, security, and support for our gestational carriers. We created this program because we truly care about our carriers and want surrogacy to be as successful and rewarding as possible for each of them. We have incorporated feedback from previous carriers to improve our offerings.
Circle Surrogacy promises:
1. Guaranteed compensation. Circle ensures that each surrogate is always paid in full and on time by financially backing our intended parents.
2. No medical bill liability. Circle Surrogacy takes on the liability of medical bills. We listened to our past surrogates and their frustrations with medical bills, and we’ve made big changes. While as the patient, a surrogate will always receive medical bills, our new Fixed Cost programs for intended parents allow us to protect both the surrogates and the intended parents and ensure all medical bills will be paid in a timely manner.
3. $5,000 compensation, even if you leave the program. If you are accepted into our surrogate program and you are medically cleared and matched with intended parents—but you don’t achieve a pregnancy—we will compensate you for your time, energy, and dedication thus far in your journey (up to $5,000 total).
4. Empowerment in birth choices. Not every gestational carrier has the same desires when it comes to the birth of their surrogate baby. At Circle, our surrogates have choices for their preferred birth options, such as doula care, a hospital birth, or using a birth center with a midwife.
5. Personalized, small agency feel; large agency resources. The first person you speak with at Circle will likely be an experienced carrier who guides you through the process until you are matched with your intended parents. They’ll also personally introduce you to your dedicated social worker and journey support team, all of whom are in-house at Circle. You’ll always be supported by a Circle employee who knows all the details about you and your journey. (You’ll never have to worry about working with a third party who doesn’t even know your name!) Plus, with our expanded team, we are able to offer support groups, virtual events, one-on-one surrogate mentorship, and more.
The matching process is not only important for intended parents; it’s equally important for surrogates. Once you decide to become a gestational carrier in Kansas, we will ensure a good match for you with the right intended parents using our extensive and thorough matching process. You will take this monumental journey together, so it’s important you feel connected with the intended parents and completely trust them.
First, your Surrogate Advisor will try to find the perfect intended parents for you based on personality fit and legal circumstances. You’ll get to review each other’s profiles, ask questions, and see if you feel comfortable with each other. You will also meet the intended parents in an initial video call and possibly in person. It’s important to make sure both you and the intended parents feel comfortable with the match. Only then will the surrogacy agreement move forward.
Circle works with a wide variety of intended parents, including LGBTQ+ and heterosexual couples, domestic and international couples, singles, and more. We’re confident there’s the right match for you.