Skip to Content (Press Enter)
Surrogacy is an amazing experience, whether you are intended parents wanting to build your family or a woman interested in becoming a surrogate mother or egg donor. For more than 25 years, Circle Surrogacy & Egg Donation has supported intended parents, gestational surrogates, and egg donors. We created this guide especially to give Delaware residents an overview of the surrogacy process. We will help you understand how the process works, how to become a surrogate, how to find a surrogate, and much more. We look forward to helping you!
Surrogacy is a rewarding experience in which people come together to build families. At Circle Surrogacy, we support and guide each participant in this journey to see that it is safe and gratifying for all.
Our team is lead by people who have firsthand experience with surrogacy as intended parents, surrogates, or egg donors themselves.
Intended parents from Delaware, both couples and individuals, come from a variety of backgrounds, ages, and sexual orientations, including:
• Heterosexual couples who have struggled with infertility
• Women who are unable to become pregnant or carry a child
• People who want to be parents but are concerned about passing a genetic defect or health condition onto their child
• Same-sex couples who want to have a genetic link to their baby
Each surrogacy journey is very special and unique because it also involves a gestational surrogate and possibly an egg donor. These healthy, intelligent women come from a variety of backgrounds as well.
Delaware residents from Wilmington, Dover, Newark, and other cities who are ready to start a surrogacy journey as intended parents, surrogates, or egg donors have access to many benefits, including:
Once matched with a surrogate, your agency will assist with the following during her pregnancy:
Pregnancy is an exciting time for intended parents and surrogates. You might even join your surrogate for prenatal appointments, depending on where she lives.
Before you begin your surrogacy journey, it’s important to be ready to start—both emotionally and financially—within the following 12 months. Begin by arranging a consultation with the agency you selected. At Circle, we offer free in-depth surrogacy consultations over video with a parent intake consultant and a lawyer. When scheduling, we do our best to accommodate your schedule. We reserve 2 to 2 1/2 hours for these private meetings so we can get to know you and your story, as well as talk about surrogacy and the process as it relates to your situation. We will walk you through surrogacy programs and costs, as well.
If you're not ready for a full consultation but would like more information, you can schedule a pre-consultation with our intake team by contacting [email protected] and someone will reach out to coordinate a time.
Circle Surrogacy offers one all-inclusive surrogacy cost program in Delaware: the Journey Protection Guarantee Program.
This program was designed to provide the utmost protection and financial security for intended parents, with no surprise costs or fees popping up during the journey. No other surrogacy agency can promise that!Journey Protection Guarantee Program
Surrogacy only: $148,750
Surrogacy plus egg donation: $172,750
(both prices exclude IVF)
Our Journey Protection Guarantee offers Intended Parents:
Our Journey Protection Guarantee Program includes fixed costs on the following:
Circle Surrogacy is proud to offer this all-inclusive program to help as many Intended Parents in Delaware as possible bring home a baby while reducing variable costs.
The costs outlined above are for our Surrogacy Only and Surrogacy Plus Egg Donation Programs. For more information about the costs of our other programs, please email us or call us at 617.439.9900.
Some intended parents may have the opportunity to qualify for financing for their journey. Please speak with our Parent Intake Team or Consultation Team or by filling out this form.
At Circle, we take great joy in bringing intended parents and surrogates together. Finding the right match is an exciting part of your journey to parenthood. You will have plenty of choices because Circle works with many surrogate mothers from Delaware and most surrounding states.
At Circle, the matching process begins with our intended parent profile, which will help our Matching Team get to know you better and match you with an ideal surrogate. You will answer questions about yourself, your relationship (if you have a partner), your family, your hobbies, your plans for parenthood, and what led you to consider surrogacy. We'll also ask you to share photos of yourself, your loved ones, and anything else that gives us a good sense of who you are as a person.
We also use the intended parent profile to understand your preferences on:
If you are looking for a surrogate on your own, feel free to consider the points above during the matching process.
When matching you with a surrogate mother in Delaware, Circle will help you review the following important criteria:
1. Does the surrogate meet the legal requirements? Our legal department ensures each surrogate meets the requirements of the surrogacy laws in Delaware before we present her profile to intended parents.
2. Do the surrogate’s personality and surrogacy expectations match yours? At Circle, your Matching Team (which includes a lawyer) will work together to ensure your personality and expectations align with the surrogate’s to keep the relationship positive from conception to delivery and beyond.
3. Do you and the surrogate have the same views on termination and selective reduction? In case a decision about selective reduction or pregnancy termination must be made, it’s important for all involved to be in agreement. Many intended parents we have worked with prefer having the option to terminate or selectively reduce if issues should arise during pregnancy.
If you use an egg donor, she will contribute to half your child’s genetics; therefore, it’s extremely important to find the right one. Here are some questions to think about when you start looking for your best egg donor match:
Circle's egg donor database is a helpful place for intended parents to start their egg donor search. Our tool makes it easy to filter your choices by specific criteria, including:
Circle’s experienced team can help you make a great match if you’re not completely sure about what you’re looking for in an egg donor.
At Circle, our Delaware surrogates receive the support and guidance of our experienced social workers and program coordinators, many who have been surrogates themselves. We support women wherever they are in the process whether they are ready to apply now or are interested but want to talk with experienced surrogates or Surrogate Advisors. Here is an overview of the process:
Learn more about the surrogacy process at Circle.
Gestational surrogates are very special women who are passionate about motherhood and their families. They are teachers, medical professionals, and stay-at-home moms. They are spirited, caring, and selfless.
To qualify as a surrogate mother in Delaware, you must meet the following requirements:
Surrogate mothers in Delaware can benefit in many ways, which include:
See Circle’s full list of benefits and compensation for surrogates in Delaware.
Our surrogate mothers receive monthly payments and start earning compensation and benefits even before they are pregnant.
At Circle, we understand the emotional, physical and mental dedication required of our surrogates–and their families–throughout the surrogacy journey. Our compensation and benefits program was created for surrogates, by surrogates; it provides the utmost security, benefits, and protection of any surrogate program.
Circle’s new Surrogate Pay & Family Protection Program provides the following:
If compensation is the only thing holding you back from applying with Circle, just chat with us about what other agencies are offering and we can match it.
We promise you'll have the best surrogacy experience with us.
Payments to surrogate mothers begin before they are even pregnant, as well as throughout their pregnancy. Surrogate pay can be broken down into the following categories:
Calculate your base compensation with our payment calculator to see how much you could earn as a surrogate in your state.
Payments Before You Are Pregnant
You will be compensated early in your journey for completing tasks and milestones, such as a signing payment and for your medical screening. These payments are in addition to your base compensation.
Payments During and After Surrogacy
Surrogate mothers also receive financial support for necessities during the pregnancy, such as maternity clothing, housekeeping, pumping and shipping breast milk, and more. These payments are in addition to your base compensation.
As a surrogate, you will also receive benefits that, while not in the form of monetary payments, are priceless in ensuring you are protected and have a smooth journey. These benefits include social work support, legal counsel, life insurance, and more.
Because many of Circle’s staff members have been surrogates themselves, we know what it takes to provide exceptional support for surrogates. From the moment they fill out their application to delivery day and beyond, we support our thoroughly prescreened surrogates with the following:
If you have questions about being a surrogate, our highly experienced team is ready with answers.
We can also connect you with skilled, trustworthy experts. We will refer you to an attorney in your area who has a strong working knowledge of assisted reproductive technology (ART) law and with whom we’ve worked previously to help you review and understand any legal contracts. It’s just one more way we help make the entire surrogacy process smooth and simple. To learn more, read our blog post about the 10 steps to becoming a surrogate.
The Circle Surrogate Promise is a program exclusive to Circle Surrogates; no other agency can offer the same level of security and support. It guarantees pay, security, and support for our gestational carriers. We created this program because we truly care about our carriers and want surrogacy to be as successful and rewarding as possible for each of them. We have incorporated feedback from previous carriers to improve our offerings.
Circle Surrogacy promises:
1. Guaranteed compensation. Circle financially backs our intended parents to ensure that each surrogate is always paid in full and on time.
2. No medical bill liability. Circle Surrogacy takes on the liability of medical bills. We listened to our past surrogates' frustrations with medical bills—and we’ve made big changes. While as the patient, a surrogate will always receive medical bills, our new fixed-cost Journey Protection Guarantee Program for intended parents allows us to protect both the surrogates and the intended parents and ensure all medical bills will be paid in a timely manner.
3. $5,000 compensation, even if you leave the program. If you are accepted into our surrogate program and you are medically cleared and matched with intended parents—but you don’t achieve a pregnancy—we will compensate you for your time, energy, and dedication to that point in your journey (up to $5,000 total).
4. Empowerment in birth choices. Not every gestational carrier has the same desires when it comes to the birth of their surrogate baby. At Circle, our surrogates have choices for their preferred birth options, such as doula care, a hospital birth, or using a birth center with a midwife.
5. Personalized, small agency feel; large agency resources. The first person you speak with at Circle will likely be an experienced gestational carrier who guides you through the process until you are matched with your intended parents. She’ll also personally introduce you to your dedicated social worker and journey support team, all of whom are in-house at Circle. You’ll always be supported by a Circle employee who knows all the details about you and your journey. (You’ll never have to worry about working with a third party who doesn’t even know your name!) Plus, with our expanded team, we are able to offer support groups, virtual events, one-on-one surrogate mentorship, and more.
The matching process is as important for surrogates as it is for intended parents. Once you decide to become a gestational carrier in Delaware, we will ensure a good match for you with the right intended parents using our extensive and thorough matching process. You will take this monumental journey together, so it’s important you feel connected and completely trust the intended parents you match with.
First, your Surrogate Advisor will try to find the perfect intended parents for you based on personality fit and legal circumstances. You’ll get to review each other’s profiles, ask questions, and see if you feel comfortable with each other. You will also meet the intended parents in an initial video call and possibly in person. It’s important to make sure both you and the intended parents feel comfortable with the match. Only then will the surrogacy agreement move forward.
Circle works with a wide variety of intended parents, including LGBTQ+ and heterosexual couples, domestic and international couples, singles, and more. We’re confident there’s the right match for you.