Skip to Content (Press Enter)
At first, the idea of growing your family through surrogacy or helping someone else do so as a surrogate mother can feel overwhelming. Circle Surrogacy & Egg Donation has over two decades of experience helping people from all backgrounds grow their families. We created this guide to help Arizona residents navigate surrogacy whether they want to understand the surrogacy process, become a surrogate, find a surrogate, or much more.
Whether you are from Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, or other local communities, if you are an Arizona resident who is ready to start a surrogacy journey as intended parents, you will have access to many benefits, including:
Local IVF clinics. Circle works closely with top-rated IVF clinics in Arizona and the nearby West Coast. Working with a local clinic helps reduce travel costs associated with your journey. If you’re already established with an IVF clinic, we’re happy to work with them.
Local surrogates. Circle works with surrogates from all over the state of Arizona and neighboring states, so we can help you match with one who lives close to you.
We're accessible. Circle Surrogacy's Los Angeles office supports parents in the Western United States through their surrogacy journeys.
Flexible consultation schedule. We are available for consults via video calls during the day and evenings. We also hold consults in Arizona and our Los Angeles office when possible.
If you will be using an egg donor, you will need to match with her before finding a surrogate. You can search our egg donor database, where you'll find intelligent and emotionally and physically healthy young women who want to help you make your family’s dream come true.
Circle’s Matching Team will help you find the perfect surrogate match and encourage you to form a strong bond with the woman who will carry your baby(ies). If you'd like to find a surrogate who also lives in Arizona, you can share your preference with your matching team.
After helping you match with your surrogate, your agency will assist with the following during her pregnancy:
Pregnancy is a wonderful time to bond with your surrogate. If she lives in or close to Arizona, you might even visit her for prenatal appointments.
If you’ve decided that you’d like to grow your family through surrogacy, it’s time for a consultation with the agency you selected. At Circle, a surrogacy consultation is a private, in-depth meeting (about 2 to 2 1/2 hours long) with a parent intake consultant and a lawyer. This meeting gives us time to get to know you and your story, as well as talk about surrogacy and the process as it relates to your situation. We'll help you understand surrogacy programs and costs, as well.
Although we prefer to meet in person with intended parents for our consultations, everyone’s health and safety are key. Instead of in-person meetings, we are offering free consultations with our team over Skype or Zoom.
At Circle, our complimentary consultations are for those who are emotionally and financially ready to begin a surrogacy journey within the next 12 months. This private meeting entails:
• Speaking with an attorney who specializes in assisted reproductive technology (ART) law
• Meeting with a process consultant
• Receiving an overview of our agency protocols, surrogacy programs, surrogacy costs, insurance, and much more
• Having the opportunity to ask any questions in a private setting
If you're not ready for a full consultation but would like more information, you can schedule a pre-consultation with our intake team by contacting [email protected] and someone will reach out to coordinate a time.
Circle is proud to offer the all-inclusive Journey Protection Guarantee Program, which is designed to help as many Intended Parents in Arizona as possible bring home a baby while reducing variable costs.
Surrogacy only: $157,750
Surrogacy plus egg donation: $184,750
(both prices exclude IVF)
Our Journey Protection Guarantee offers Intended Parents:
The costs outlined above are for our Surrogacy Only and Surrogacy Plus Egg Donation Programs. For more information about the costs of our other programs, please email us or call us at 617.439.9900.
Some intended parents may have the opportunity to qualify for financing for their journey. Please speak with our Parent Intake Team or Consultation Team or by filling out this form.
We will have you fill out our intended parent profile so your Matching Team can get to know you better and help match you with an ideal surrogate. This profile is filled with questions about you, your relationship (if you have a partner), your family, your hobbies, your plans for parenthood, and what brought you to surrogacy. We'll ask that you also share photos of yourself, your loved ones, and anything else that gives us a good sense of who you are as people.
In addition to your profile, certain criteria will be used to match you with your gestational carrier. Intended parent matching criteria include preferences on:
• How much communication you want with your surrogate during the journey
• Where you’d like the surrogate mother to live
• How many embryos you want to transfer
• What your preferences are regarding selective reduction and termination
If you are doing an independent surrogacy journey, you can use the points above as guidelines when looking for a suitable match.
We recommend that intended parents keep the following 3 criteria in mind when searching for a surrogate mother in Arizona:
1. Does she meet the legal requirements? Our legal department ensures potential matches meet the requirements of Arizona’s surrogacy laws before we present a surrogate’s profile to intended parents.
2. Do her personality and surrogacy expectations match yours? At Circle, your Matching Team (which includes a lawyer) will work together to ensure a good fit between your personality and the surrogate’s because we want your relationship to be comfortable throughout the journey.
3. Do you agree on expectations surrounding termination and selective reduction? Surrogates and intended parents should have the same views about the termination of a pregnancy in case a reduction or termination must be considered. Many intended parents we have worked with prefer to make the decision if the question of termination comes up.
There’s no need to be completely sure about what you’re looking for in a donor; Circle is dedicated to helping you make a great match.
Although Arizona’s Revised Statute deems surrogacy contracts as unenforceable, parentage through gestational surrogacy has been recognized and established favorably by Arizona courts since 1994.
Establishing parentage for surrogacy in Arizona is completed by way of a court order, before or after the birth, and in some instances, with added confirmation by way of DNA testing. Some intended parents will require a post-birth, second-parent, or stepparent adoption in their home state or country.
Parents may be required to complete a second-parent adoption in their home state to permanently amend the birth certificate, or obtain an out-of-state court order.
Surrogates are kind, giving and selfless. They love being parents, and want others to be able to experience that same joy.
There is a lot of information out there about becoming a surrogate, but here are 5 quick things for you to know before you begin!
Ready to learn more? Read on!
Ready to start? Click here to apply.
At Circle, our Arizona surrogates receive the support and guidance of our experienced social workers and program coordinators, many who have been surrogates themselves. We support women wherever they are in the process whether they are ready to apply now or are interested but want to talk with experienced surrogates or Surrogate Advisors. Here is an overview of the process:
Learn more about the surrogacy process at Circle.
Wherever you are in your journey, we suggest completing our online surrogacy application. It takes only about 10 minutes to complete and there is no obligation to proceed if you aren’t ready.
Women who become surrogates are generous, adventurous, and kind. They are teachers, medical professionals, and stay-at-home moms. They are passionate about their families. They are spirited, caring, and selfless. Surrogate mothers are special people just like you.
To qualify as a surrogate mother in Arizona, you must meet the following requirements:
• Have delivered a child of your own and are currently parenting at least one child.
• Have had uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries, as documented by medical records.
• Are from 21 to 41 years of age.
• Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 32. Calculate my BMI.
• Are a citizen, legal resident, or legal immigrant of the United States. If you are a legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States, you must provide documentation that is valid for at least 2 years.
• Do not participate in the following government aid programs: cash assistance, welfare, public housing, and section 8. All other forms of government assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Circle Surrogacy works with many women from the state of Arizona. In addition, our West Coast surrogacy agency office makes it convenient to work with many intended parents from the area.
Surrogate mothers who live in Arizona enjoy the following benefits:
Calculate your surrogate pay in Arizona with our surrogate compensation calculator.
Surrogate mothers receive monthly payments and start earning compensation and benefits even before they are pregnant.
At Circle, we understand what it takes to provide exceptional support for surrogates because many of our staff members have been surrogates themselves. From the moment they fill out their application until months after they deliver, our surrogates are thoroughly prescreened and receive social work, legal, and journey support. Our highly experienced team is ready to answer all of your questions.
Circle will connect you with other surrogate mothers through private social groups. You will also have the opportunity to attend exclusive events with the Circle team.
We can also connect you with skilled, trustworthy experts. You will be referred to an attorney in your area with whom we’ve worked previously and who has a strong working knowledge of assisted reproduction technology (ART) law to help you review and understand any legal contracts. It’s just one more way we help make the entire surrogacy process smooth and simple. To learn more, read our blog post about the 10 steps to becoming a surrogate.
The Circle Surrogate Promise means guaranteed pay, security, and support for our gestational carriers. We created this program because we truly care about our carriers and want each of them to have the most successful and rewarding journey possible.
Over the years, carriers have given us their feedback. We have taken all of those conversations and suggestions to heart and improved our offerings to our gestational carriers.
The Circle Surrogate Promise is a program exclusive to Circle Surrogates; no other agency can offer the same level of security and support.
Circle Surrogacy promises:
1. Guaranteed compensation. Circle Surrogacy financially backs its intended parents, so a surrogate’s escrow account is always funded to ensure she is paid in full and on time, every time.
2. No medical bill liability. Circle Surrogacy takes on the liability of medical bills. We listened to our past surrogates and their frustrations with medical bills, and we’ve made big changes. While we can never stop having you receive medical bills (since you are the “patient”), our new Fixed Cost programs for intended parents allow us to protect both the surrogates and the intended parents and ensure all medical bills will be paid in a timely manner.
3. $5,000 compensation, even if you leave the program. If you are accepted into our surrogate program and you are medically cleared and matched with intended parents—but you don’t achieve a pregnancy—we will compensate you for your time, energy, and dedication thus far in your journey (up to $5,000 total).
4. Empowerment in birth choices. Not every gestational carrier has the same desires when it comes to the birth of their surrogate baby. At Circle, our surrogates have choices for her preferred birth options, such as doula care, a hospital birth, or using a birth center with a midwife.
5. Personalized, small agency feel with the resources of a large agency. The first person you speak with at Circle will likely be an experienced carrier who guides you through the process until you are matched with your intended parents. They’ll also personally introduce you to your dedicated social worker and journey support team, all of whom are in-house at Circle. You’ll always be supported by a Circle employee who knows all the details about you and your journey. (You’ll never have to worry about working with a third party who doesn’t even know your name!) Plus, with our expanded team, we are able to offer support groups, virtual events, one-on-one surrogate mentorship, and more.
Once you decide to become a gestational carrier in Arizona, it’s important to match with the right intended parents. You will take this monumental journey together, so you should be sure you connect with and trust them fully. Our extensive and thorough matching process will take care of that.
Your Surrogate Support team will begin by trying to find the perfect intended parent(s) for you based on personality fit and legal circumstances. You’ll get to review each other’s profiles, ask questions, and see if you feel comfortable with each other. You will also meet in an initial Skype or Zoom call and possibly in person. It’s important to make sure both you and the intended parent(s) feel completely comfortable with the match. Only then will the surrogacy agreement move forward.
Circle works with a wide variety of intended parents, including LGBTQ+ and heterosexual couples, domestic and international couples, singles, and more. We’re confident there’s the right match for you.