Choosing an egg donor is a big decision: you are selecting the young woman who will provide half of your child's biology. See how to start an egg donor search – from determining egg donor traits to navigating an egg donor database.
Finding the perfect egg donor can feel like an overwhelming task. How do you begin to find an egg donor who will help you grow your family?
The first step to finding your perfect egg donor match is to think about the type of woman that you're looking for. Here are some questions to ask yourself when searching for an egg donor:
• Do I want a young woman who has similar qualities to me?
• Am I looking for an egg donor who complements my personality or appearance?
• How important is Education? Appearance? Ethnicity? Personality?
As you start your search, it's a good idea to have some thoughts as to what's important to you in an egg donor match.
And remember, nature vs nurture – not every characteristic or trait is hereditary!
The first place most intended parents start their egg donor search is in an egg donor database. Most Egg Donor databases are set up so that you can search for an egg donor by certain criteria. Circle's egg donor database is easy to use, and easy to navigate.
It can be helpful to make a list of search criteria before you begin. Things to consider are:
• Physical attributes (hair/eye color)
• Previous fertility
Within each donor profile, you'll find a tremendous amount of additional information, including:
• Personal information
• Favorite hobbies, activities, foods
• Family medical history
• Motivation for becoming a donor
You may not know what you're looking for in a donor, and that's okay! Some intended parents take the "I'll know her when I see her" approach.
There are 3 types of egg donation: Known, Semi-known and Anonymous.
• Known Donation Intended parents and the egg donor learn each other's names and have the opportunity to get to know each other. Circle believes knowing where he/she came from is important for a child's sense of identity. In addition, known egg donation allows you and your children to remain updated about the your egg donor's medical history as it changes over time.
• Semi-Known Donation in which a limited amount of information is exchanged
• Anonymous donation in which there is no open contact or communication between parents and the donor.
For egg donation in Washington, you have the flexibility to choose whichever type of egg donation with which you're the most comfortable.
Egg donors who work with Circle need to meet a variety of medical, psychological, and demographic screening requirements to make sure they’re a healthy reproductive match for your family. Egg donors fill out lengthy questionnaires, and participate in a thorough screening with a social worker prior to be accepted into our program.See Egg Donor Requirements
The Circle team does everything in our power to make your egg donation experience seamless and hassle-free. That’s why we offer Unlimited Egg Donor Matching, meaning we’ll keep matching you with new Circle Egg Donors until a live birth is achieved. It may take more (or less!) time than you expect, but working with our team means you’ll eventually find the right donor. It’s just one more thing you don’t have to worry about.Egg Donation Program
Circle is a premier egg donor agency with almost 25 years of experience, and is partnered with outstanding IVF clinics around the country. Our staff brings a wealth of egg donation experience, and full confidence that we can help you choose the perfect egg donor. We’re ready to guide you through finding an egg donor in Washington, the entire egg donation process and helping you coordinate with an IVF clinic of your choice.Become a parent