One of the first questions Circle gets from LGBTQ+ intended parents is, "How much does surrogacy cost?" The surrogacy program you choose, and your preferences for your surrogate, egg donor and journey can affect your overall surrogacy costs.
Surrogacy and egg donation costs can be broken down into a few areas:
• Professional fees
• Surrogate and egg donor fees and expenses
• Insurance expenses
• IVF expenses
Overall, a surrogacy and egg donation journey for a gay single or couple can average around $150k, not including IVF expenses.
Professional fees cover the following during your surrogacy journey:
• Screening & Matching of your surrogate and egg donor (including rematches)
• Coordination of your journey with a dedicated team consisting of a Program Manager & Coordinator, Attorney & Accountant
• Social Worker support
• Trust Account management
• Legal Work
Circle will include an estimate of fees paid to surrogates and egg donors, as well as third party costs.
• Surrogate & egg donor reimbursements
• Travel expenses
• Local monitoring expenses
• Legal expenses for surrogate & egg donor contracts, and for intended parents' parentage rights
• Contingencies: fees and expenses that you cannot plan for, such as bedrest, c-sections, etc.