How much do surrogates get paid? This is one of our most asked questions from potential surrogates. As a surrogate, you have the opportunity to earn between $50,000 and $60,000 in payments and benefits. Surrogate mothers are paid a base fee of between $30,000-$40,000, plus additional compensation and benefits for milestones along their journey.
With that being said, we understand that each surrogate is different, and our benefits packages are designed to be customizable and flexible for each situation. This means compensation and benefits before, during, and after pregnancy! So, how much do surrogates get paid?!
How Do I Get Paid as a Surrogate?
Your base fee is paid monthly in nine installments beginning with the confirmation of heartbeat, which occurs around six weeks gestation. However, you will receive compensation in the time leading up to that for transfers as well as the medical screening and signing your contract as listed below.
What Benefits Am I Eligible for Before Pregnancy?
- $500 Expedited Screening Bonus You are eligible for the Expedited Screening Bonus if we receive all required paperwork (including previous Prenatal and Delivery records), medical pre-approval and you’ve completed Social Work Screenings within 3 weeks of submitting your application.*
- $250 Signing Fee
- $500 Medical Screening Fee
- Paid travel expenses to IVF clinics, plus lost wages or childcare added to your base fee
- $200/mo for Miscellaneous expenses when you begin cycle medications added to your base fee
- $750 per transfer added to your base fee
- $2,200 in total monetary benefits
How Are My Surrogacy Reimbursements Dispersed?
Surrogate reimbursements are divided up into equal monthly installments following the confirmation of heartbeat (around the 6-8 week mark) and paid on the first of every month. If you are carrying multiple children, a multiples fee is paid to you over the last five months. After 34 weeks, the pregnancy is considered viable (32 weeks for multiples). If you deliver before 40 weeks, you are given a lump sum for the remaining balance. The remainder of the miscellaneous fees are distributed at various times throughout the pregnancy and will be discussed in your screening.
How Much Do I Make After I Get Pregnant?
These additional benefits are added to your base fee after you’re pregnant.
- $200 / mo Miscellaneous Fee ($3,000+ total)
- $500 or $750 (multiples) Maternity Clothing
- $400 Housekeeping during last month of pregnancy
- $1,200 (vaginal delivery) or $2400 (C-section)
- Post-birth Recovery
- Social Work Support
- Independent Legal Counsel
- Complications Insurance
- $250,000 Life Insurance Policy
- Medical and Financial Billing Assistance
In addition to our compensation package, we are currently running a special promotion for women who sign up and provide all of the necessary information and paperwork within 3 weeks of submitting the application!*
What Does This Bonus Involve?
When you apply to become a surrogate with Circle you are eligible for a $500 expedited bonus! To qualify, you must do the following within 3 weeks of submitting a surrogate application:
• Ensure Circle receives all your required paperwork
• Complete your Social Work Screening
• Have your primary support person complete their Social Work Screening
Do I Have to Pay for Anything Related to Being a Surrogate?
The surrogacy process should never become an out of pocket expense for you. The family you match with will pay the fees outlined for you in your screening and agreed upon in the contract, while health insurance (which we’ll ensure work correctly) should cover the majority of healthcare throughout your surrogate pregnancy and birth.
Surrogacy arrangements are built to deliver both financial and emotional rewards for you, the surrogate. The Circle team is here to make sure that’s exactly happens.
There is a lot of information here, but even more available on the surrogate page of our website. If you’d like to calculate your base fee, you can do so using our compensation calculator and find out for yourself how much do surrogates get paid!
If you’re ready to apply to become a surrogate, fill out an application today!