As part of our series on the Phases of the Surrogacy Process, we want to help surrogate applicants understand what happens after you fill out the surrogate application. For a breakdown of what happens in this phase, watch our webinar: Becoming a Surrogate – The Screening Process. Circle’s Alicia Abdella, LCSW, and Dr. Susanne Haskell, Massachusetts Board Licensed Psychologist, discuss the screening process and what it entails*.
- A review of the pre-screening process, the surrogacy application, and authorization for background checks and medical records for pre-approval;
- Phone interview with a social worker
- 2-2.5 hours on average, topics will include surrogate motivations, pregnancy history, surrogate support systems, and intended parent matching preferences, and delivery expectations.
- Psychological testing, conducted via secure online video conferencing with a licensed psychologist
- IVF Clinic required tests, commonly used tests include the MMPI and the PAI inventories – tests typically take between a half-hour and 45 minutes.
- Next steps before matching with intended parents
*Note: since the filming of this webinar, our expedited screening bonuses have increased to $500. Learn more and apply.