Surrogacy is an incredible process. It has the ultimate power to create a family, one of the greatest enjoyments. It’s a safe, successful, and enriching experience for both the family and the surrogate. It’s hard to quantify the endless supply of virtues it provides. Here are just five benefits of surrogacy for intended parents:
1. Surrogacy allows those who cannot have children to do just that. The most obvious benefit of surrogacy is its giving power. For various reasons, couples or individuals may not be able to have children on their own. This is a difficult problem to face as creating a family is a goal for most couples. Enter surrogacy. Whatever obstacle a couple may face on their journey to creating a family, with the help of a surrogate and/or an egg donor, anyone can have a child.
2. Surrogacy allows many intended parents to share a genetic tie with their child. Through IVF, intended parents may contribute an egg and/or sperm to create an embryo, which is then implanted in the gestational carrier. In this way, intended parents can be biological parents.
3. Surrogacy can lead to a lifelong relationship between the surrogate, the intended parents, and the child. Many surrogacy agencies encourage post-birth contact between the surrogate and the family. This continued relationship allows for an incredibly unique and powerful experience for everyone involved. Surrogacy fosters these beautiful connections, which can last a lifetime.
4. Surrogacy is often a better option than other fertility treatments. Depending on the various programs, surrogacy generally costs between $100,000 and $170,000, which rivals the cost of more invasive fertility treatments. Surrogacy also has a higher success rate than other fertility treatments, and with continued improvement of IVF procedures, surrogacy is only getting more successful.
5. Surrogacy provides a rewarding experience for both the family and the surrogate. Surrogates choose to carry other people’s children because they value life and the power of family. Surrogacy does not only benefit the families—surrogates gain the incredible experience of providing infertile and gay parents with the gift of a lifetime: a baby.
These represent just a few of the many pros of surrogacy.
To learn more benefits of surrogacy, or to set up a consultation with our team, visit circlesurrogacy.com/parents.