How Can I Afford Surrogacy?
For most people, covering the costs of surrogacy requires planning and organization. Here are some of our favorite tips to help make the financial aspect of your surrogacy journey go smoothly:
- Share your story. Surrogacy is the ultimate example of people helping people. Being open about your intent to pursue surrogacy can help you gain the support of family and friends. In some cases, family members of intended parents have chipped in to help with expenses. But even if friends and family can’t assist you financially, counting on the emotional support and encouragement of the people who matter to you most can make your journey to parenthood through surrogacy much easier.
- Start putting funds aside. Consider setting aside money over time. Most intended parents come to an agency after a period of careful thought and research. This is a good time to start saving.
- Remember you can influence the overall costs. While the surrogacy journey can be unpredictable, remember that the preferences you express and the choices you make can affect your overall expenses, including the IVF clinic you work with and whether your surrogate is insured or uninsured. You can also look into various surrogacy programs to see which is right for you.
- Consider your financing options. You may be able to obtain loans from banks or lending agencies to help you cover the costs. Many intended parents look into home equity loans as an option to pay back a portion of their expenses over time. Because the medical fees associated with IVF cycles are a significant portion of total expenses, many intended parents investigate the possibility of secured or unsecured loans from medical financing companies. Circle also offers surrogacy financing options for U.S. intended parents.
- Evaluate all of your insurance options. There are a variety of insurance options available to cover the medical costs of surrogacy, so make sure you take time to look into which is right for you. Ask for information about deductibles, enrollment fees, premiums, and out-of-pocket maximums.
- Look into different fertility clinic options. Talk to more than one IVF center/fertility clinic. Most offer a variety of packages. Consider options like the Unlimited IVF Plan offered by Circle Surrogacy and Pacific Fertility Center – Los Angeles which allows you unlimited embryo transfers until a pregnancy is achieved.
If you’re thinking about surrogacy to build your family and would like to speak to someone about costs, please email us.
If you’re ready to take the first step and meet with us, use this form.