Circle knows how important a surrogate mother is to intended parents. That’s why we have such a thorough screening process. Each month between 1,000-1,500 women apply to be a surrogate with us, and only 1-2% are accepted into our program.
What does being a Circle Surrogate mean?
Becoming a surrogate mother with Circle provides you with the most supportive and rewarding program in the country.
Every step of your surrogacy journey – from the fertility process, pregnancy, delivery and post-delivery – will be carefully guided and coordinated by our experienced social workers and program coordinators. And you’ll have the chance to choose intended parents who share the same aspirations about your journey.
A successful surrogate applicant has the following qualifications:
- Has delivered a child of her own, and is currently parenting at least one child.
- Has had uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries, as documented by medical records.
- Is between 21-41 years of age.
- Typically has a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33. Calculate My BMI.
- Is a citizen, legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States. If a surrogate is a legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States, the surrogate must be able to provide documentation that is valid for at least 2 years.
- Does not participate in the following government aid programs: cash assistance, welfare, public housing and section 8. All other forms of government assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Live in a surrogate-friendly state in the United States (we are very sorry but we cannot accept gestational carriers who reside in Nebraska, Louisiana, Michigan, or New York).
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Has the support of her family. If married or partnered, the surrogate must have her partner’s support. Also, the surrogate and her partner/primary support person must agree to participate in a social work screening.
- Is financially secure.
- Leads a stable, responsible lifestyle.
- Is willing to travel for IVF process. Please note, often these trips include overnight stays.
- Does not use illegal drugs, smoke cigarettes, or abuse alcohol.
If you fit the criteria above, and would like to help intended parents build their family, we’d love to hear from you!
Ready to make a difference? Apply to be a surrogate with Circle