Surrogacy has been a hot topic in the news for the past few months as states have begun to change their laws around IVF and surrogacy. If you live in Illinois and you’d like to apply to become a surrogate, we’d love to work with you!
If you’re looking for how to become a surrogate, it’s important to understand the surrogacy laws in your state. Every state has different surrogacy laws, so it’s important to work with an agency with experience in Illinois law and have knowledgeable lawyers on staff, like Circle!
Whether you’re looking for surrogacy in Chicago, or another part of Illinois, women who wish to become surrogate mothers are in a great state for surrogacy. Circle Surrogacy agency has worked with amazing women from Illinois who want to become gestational carriers for years!
Surrogacy Law in IL
Illinois is a great location to pursue surrogacy (for both surrogates and intended parents). Illinois surrogacy law expressly permits gestational surrogacy and has allowed Circle Surrogacy to successfully match surrogates with intended parents for a number of years.
Establishing parentage for surrogacy in Illinois is a seamless process for everyone involved as Illinois’s statute permits for bypassing the involvement of a court and file documents in accordance with the statutory requirements in anticipation of the delivery. As long as all statutory requirements have been met and all statutory forms have been properly submitted before the delivery to both the delivering hospital and the Illinois Department of Public Health, parentage for the intended parents will be established as of the moment of birth.
Surrogacy Requirements in IL
Surrogate requirements in the Prairie State must be met in order for a women to become a surrogate mother with our agency. The requirements for our surrogates can be found on our Surrogate Qualifications page, but we’ve provided even more detail in Surrogacy Requirements: Why Certain Requirements are in Place.
Benefits to Being a Surrogate in IL
There are many benefits to being a surrogate in Illinois. Here are some of the top benefits for IL surrogates:
- Our surrogates gain an incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family.
- In Illinois, our surrogates can earn exceptional benefits with a customized benefits package!
- Surrogates have the opportunity to build a life-long relationship with forever-grateful intended parents.
- Circle surrogates work with a personal program coordination team and licensed social worker throughout their journey.
- Surrogates from Illinois will have the opportunity to work with intended parents who are local to them.
Are you interested in becoming a surrogate with Circle? Fill our your application today!