Surrogacy has been a hot topic in the news for the past few months as states have begun to change their laws around IVF and surrogacy. Circle Surrogacy is excited to start matching surrogates from Washington state under the new surrogacy law! Become a surrogate and change the lives of intended parents today.
If you’re looking for how to become a surrogate, it’s important to understand the surrogacy laws in your state. Every state has different surrogacy laws, so it’s important to work with an agency with experience in Washington law and have knowledgeable lawyers on staff, like Circle!
Washington’s new statute (effective January 1st, 2019) recognizes contracts for gestational and genetic surrogacy arrangements. The state’s comprehensive law protects the rights of the surrogate, the intended parents, the baby, and the donor (if one is needed).
Establishing parentage for surrogacy in Washington will be a seamless process for everyone involved. It is unclear whether any party will ever have to appear in court, and any party involved in the case can petition the court for the order declaring the intended parents’ parentage.
Surrogacy Requirements in WA
Surrogate requirements in the Evergreen State must be met in order for a women to become a surrogate mother with our agency. The requirements for our surrogates can be found on our Surrogate Qualifications page, but we’ve provided even more detail in Surrogacy Requirements: Why Certain Requirements are in Place.
Benefits to Being a Surrogate in WA
There are many benefits to being a surrogate in Washington. Here are some of the top benefits for WA surrogates:
- Our surrogates gain an incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family.
- In Washington, our surrogates can earn up to $60,000 with a customized benefits package!
- Surrogates have the opportunity to build a life-long relationship with forever-grateful intended parents.
- Circle surrogates work with a personal program coordination team and licensed social worker throughout their journey.
- Our surrogates have the opportunity to work with local and international Intended Parents
Are you interested in becoming a surrogate with Circle? Fill our your application today!