Surrogacy has been a hot topic in the news for the past few months as states have begun to change their laws around IVF and surrogacy. Women who want to become surrogate mothers in Texas are lucky: Texas offers favorable surrogacy law, excellent medical care and IVF centers in Houston and Dallas. Texas is a great state to live in to be a surrogate mother!
If you’re looking for how to become a surrogate, it’s important to understand the surrogacy laws in your state. Every state has different surrogacy laws, so it’s important to work with an agency with experience in Texas law and have knowledgeable lawyers on staff, like Circle!
Texas is one of the few states that have kept up with the scientific advances of assisted reproduction, making it a surrogacy-friendly state.
In Texas, the law governs gestational surrogacy arrangements— making them valid and enforceable— and allows surrogates to receive compensation for their time and services. Establishing parentage is seamless as Texas surrogates relinquish their parental rights before the baby is even born. Further, intended parents are recognized as the child’s legal parents upon his or her birth certificate. The statute eliminates the need post-birth legal proceedings, such as a post-birth order or second-parent adoption. This generally means surrogates won’t ever appear in court. Even in cases where a post-birth action is warranted (i.e., intended parents citizenship needs), the surrogates won’t need to appear in court.
Surrogacy Requirements in TX
Surrogate requirements in the Lone Star State must be met in order for a women to become a surrogate mother with our agency. The requirements for our surrogates can be found on our Surrogate Qualifications page, but we’ve provided even more detail in Surrogacy Requirements: Why Certain Requirements are in Place.
Benefits to Being a Surrogate in TX
There are many benefits to being a surrogate in Texas. Here are some of the top benefits for TX surrogates:
- Location, location, location! With close proximity to cities like Dallas, Houston, and Austin, Texas surrogates have access to quality care at some of the world’s best medical centers.
- Our surrogates gain an incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family.
- In Texas, our surrogates can earn up to $55k+ with a customized benefits package!
- Surrogates have the opportunity to build a life-long relationship with forever-grateful intended parents.
- Circle surrogates work with a personal program coordination team and licensed social worker throughout their journey.
- Our surrogates have the opportunity to work with local and international Intended Parents
Are you interested in becoming a surrogate with Circle? Fill our your application today!