Surrogacy has been a hot topic in the news for the past few months as states have begun to change their laws around IVF and surrogacy. If you’re looking to become a surrogate mother in North Carolina, Circle Surrogacy has worked with many women from NC on surrogacy journeys. The courts are generally favorable to gestational surrogacy, having had a long history of successful surrogacy arrangements.
If you’re looking for how to become a surrogate, it’s important to understand the surrogacy laws in your state. Every state has different surrogacy laws, so it’s important to work with an agency with experience in North Carolina law and have knowledgeable lawyers on staff, like Circle!
Surrogates in North Carolina have access to quality care at some of the world’s best medical centers. In addition to some of the top hospitals and medical centers, North Carolina is also home to respected IVF clinics. Circle Surrogacy works frequently with REACH: Reproductive Endocrinology Associates of Charlotte.
Surrogacy Law in NC
North Carolina appears to be moving along the same progressive timeline as many other states, recently proposing a favorable surrogacy statute. If passed, gestational surrogacy agreements would be officially recognized by North Carolina: “The consideration, if any, paid to a gestational carrier shall be reasonable and negotiated in good faith between the parties. Compensation may not be conditioned upon the health or characteristics of any fetus, embryo, or child produced as the result of assisted reproduction.”
Surrogacy Requirements in NC
Surrogate requirements in the Old North State must be met in order for a women to become a surrogate mother with our agency. The requirements for our surrogates can be found on our Surrogate Qualifications page, but we’ve provided even more detail in Surrogacy Requirements: Why Certain Requirements are in Place.
Benefits to Being a Surrogate in NC
There are many benefits to being a surrogate in North Carolina. Here are some of the top benefits for NC surrogates:
- Our surrogates gain an incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family.
- In North Carolina, our surrogates can earn excellent benefits with a customized benefits package!
- Surrogates have the opportunity to build a life-long relationship with forever-grateful intended parents.
- Circle surrogates work with a personal program coordination team and licensed social worker throughout their journey.
- Surrogates from North Carolina will have the opportunity to work with intended parents who are local to them.
Are you interested in becoming a surrogate with Circle? Fill our your application today!