Surrogacy has been a hot topic in the news for the past few months as states have begun to change their laws around IVF and surrogacy. If you’re looking to become a surrogate mother in Maine, you’re in luck! Maine’s surrogacy laws protect surrogate mothers and intended parents, making it a great state for surrogacy.
If you’re looking for how to become a surrogate, it’s important to understand the surrogacy laws in your state. Every state has different surrogacy laws, so it’s important to work with an agency with experience in Maine law and have knowledgeable lawyers on staff, like Circle!
While surrogate mothers do not need to live close to their surrogacy agency, living in Maine as a gestational carrier provides women access to quality care at some of the world’s best medical centers in Boston. Plus, many of Circle’s intended parents live in New York, Boston or in Europe, and as a result choose to work with IVF clinics in the Northeast. While this is not always the case, Maine surrogates may have less need for traveling to IVF clinic appointments.
Surrogacy Law in ME
Surrogacy Requirements in ME
Surrogate requirements in the Pine Tree State must be met in order for a women to become a surrogate mother with our agency. The requirements for our surrogates can be found on our Surrogate Qualifications page, but we’ve provided even more detail in Surrogacy Requirements: Why Certain Requirements are in Place.
Benefits to Being a Surrogate in ME
There are many benefits to being a surrogate in Maine. Here are some of the top benefits for ME surrogates:
- Gain an incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family
- Work with intended parents and clinics in the Northeast, which helps reduce your travel.
- Exceptional Compensation and benefits
- Build a life-long relationship with forever-grateful intended parents
- Work with a personal journey coordination team and licensed social worker
- Consult with your legal representation to guide you through the legal process
Are you interested in becoming a surrogate with Circle? Fill our your application today!