Surrogacy has been a hot topic in the news for the past few months as states have begun to change their laws around IVF and surrogacy, especially in your neighbor state: New York. If you live in Connecticut and you’d like to apply to become a surrogate, we’d love to work with you!
If you’re looking for how to become a surrogate, it’s important to understand the surrogacy laws in your state. Every state has different surrogacy laws, so it’s important to work with an agency with experience in Connecticut law and have knowledgeable lawyers on staff, like Circle!
Surrogate mothers from Connecticut are in a geographically favorable position. Many of Circle’s intended parents live in New York, Boston or in Europe, and as a result choose to work with IVF clinics in CT or the greater New York City area. While this is not always the case, Connecticut surrogate moms tend to have less need for traveling to IVF clinic appointments.
Surrogacy Law in CT
Arguably the most favorable surrogacy case of recent years was decided in Connecticut in 2011. Raftopol v. Ramey is a Connecticut Supreme Court decision that allows pre-birth orders for non-biological parents. It means that when intended parents of any background (heterosexual couples, same-sex couples, single individuals) work with Connecticut surrogates, the legal process is simple and easy.
The case clarified Connecticut’s surrogacy statute, and makes the legal process simple for CT surrogates and their intended parents. Circle Surrogacy is proud to have helped bring about this clarification in the law. Our attorneys filed an amicus brief which helped the court come to its decision.
Surrogacy Requirements in CT
Surrogate requirements in the Constitution State must be met in order for a women to become a surrogate mother with our agency. The requirements for our surrogates can be found on our Surrogate Qualifications page, but we’ve provided even more detail in Surrogacy Requirements: Why Certain Requirements are in Place.
Benefits to Being a Surrogate in CT
There are many benefits to being a surrogate in Connecticut. Here are some of the top benefits for CT surrogates:
- Our surrogates gain an incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family.
- In Connecticut, our surrogates can earn up to $50,000 with a customized benefits package!
- Surrogates have the opportunity to build a life-long relationship with forever-grateful intended parents.
- Circle surrogates work with a personal program coordination team and licensed social worker throughout their journey.
- Surrogates from Connecticut will have the opportunity to work with intended parents who are local to them. Plus, Circle works with many IVF clinics close to CT, reducing the amount of travel for surrogates and travel costs for intended parents.
- Women from Connecticut will have the opportunity to work with an East Coast surrogacy agency (we’re right in Boston!). Also, we work with many intended parents from the East Coast, including the tri-state area.
Are you interested in becoming a surrogate with Circle? Fill our your application today!