Surrogacy has been a hot topic in the news for the past few months as states have begun to change their laws around IVF and surrogacy, especially in your neighbor state: New York. Circle Surrogacy started working with surrogates in New Jersey in 2018 under the new surrogacy law. If you live in New Jersey and you’d like to apply to become a surrogate, we’d love to work with you!
If you’re looking for how to become a surrogate, it’s important to understand the surrogacy laws in your state. Every state has different surrogacy laws, so it’s important to work with an agency with experience in New Jersey law and have knowledgeable lawyers on staff, like Circle!
Surrogacy Law in NJ
In 2018, Governor Phil Murphy signed the bill that legalizes gestational surrogacy in the Garden State!
The new surrogacy law, entitled The New Jersey Gestational Carrier Act, recognizes contracts for gestational surrogacy arrangements. The state’s comprehensive law protects the rights of the surrogate, the intended parents and the baby. This will make New Jersey an excellent setting for surrogacy, protecting all of the parties involved.
Surrogacy Requirements in NJ
Surrogate requirements in the Garden State must be met in order for a women to become a surrogate mother with our agency. The requirements for our surrogates can be found on our Surrogate Qualifications page, but we’ve provided even more detail in Surrogacy Requirements: Why Certain Requirements are in Place.
Benefits to Being a Surrogate in NJ
There are many benefits to being a surrogate in New Jersey. Here are some of the top benefits for NJ surrogates:
- Our surrogates gain an incredible sense of self-fulfillment from giving the greatest gift humanly possible to another family.
- In New Jersey, our surrogates can earn up to $50,000 with a customized benefits package!
- Surrogates have the opportunity to build a life-long relationship with forever-grateful intended parents.
- Circle surrogates work with a personal program coordination team and licensed social worker throughout their journey.
- Surrogates from New Jersey will have the opportunity to work with intended parents who are local to them. Plus, Circle works with many IVF clinics close to New Jersey, reducing the amount of travel for surrogates and travel costs for intended parents.
- Women from New Jersey will have the opportunity to work with an East Coast surrogacy agency (we’re right in Boston!). Also, we work with many intended parents from the East Coast, including the tri-state area.
Are you interested in becoming a surrogate with Circle? Fill our your application today!