That’s 665,407 people to be exact. 2,464 shares. 5,100 likes.
The positive response to Elite Daily‘s short documentary, SURROGACY: Redefining the Modern Family has blown us away. We are deeply grateful that Elite Daily decided to interview an intended parent and surrogate who had worked with us!
The comments, all 268 of them, meant the world to us because even though surrogacy is a familiar concept in our everyday lives, we know we have work to do before everyone truly understands what surrogacy is and the great impact it has on so many people’s lives. While there is a good number of accurate stories available, there is a reason we wrote the blog post called 7 Things the Media Gets Wrong about Surrogacy in the United States.
The documentary put together by Elite Daily captured the beauty of surrogacy in a way we haven’t seen from other media outlets. So, when we read through the comments, we were delighted to see everyone’s kind words and support of surrogacy. Since you probably don’t have the time to filter through comments, we did it for you. Wednesday is a good day for a little warming of the heart.
Elite Daily documentary comments:
- Wow! What an absolutely amazing group of people! It makes me so proud that there are such wonderful, unselfish humans in this world.
- 🏼GS [gestational surrogate] of 5 here, LOVE this! It’s rare to see the beauty in surrogacy in the media! Surrogacy is profoundly indescribable. ❤️
- You two are both beautiful people who deserve a beautiful family, and that’s exactly what you have! I’m so happy for you.
- A true blessing all the way around. These babies are so blessed to have [Michael] as a parent. He’s one amazing guy!! 😊
- This is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen!
- Brought tears to my eyes ! Beautiful is an understatement. 😍🙌🏼
- If only we had a thousand Jennas in this world. So selfless. So beautiful!
- I have so much respect for the women who act as a surrogate making so many people’s dreams of having children come true and giving life to the babies–that’s amazing!
We hope you enjoyed watching the documentary as much as we did. Thank you for sharing this video and being a part of our amazing community.