We’re always looking for ways to improve the overall experience for our surrogates, intended parents, and egg donors. Here are a few examples of some recent improvements we implemented to make our surrogate program better:
1. New Facebook support group. We’ve always offered a forum for Circle surrogates to share their experiences, ask questions, and support each other. Recently, we changed the format of this forum to a Facebook group since it’s a platform everyone is more familiar with. Surrogates have the chance to access the private Facebook group once they join our program. There, surrogates can exchange questions, comments, and support one another throughout Circle’s program.
2. Updated Surrogate Compensation Package
- Transfer fee is now $750
- C-section fee is now $2,500
- One month of housekeeping is included for all surrogates at $100/week
- Standard compensation for breastmilk pumping in addition to reimbursement of supplies (if IPs request)
3. New monthly group video call check-ins. Our social workers are now hosting monthly group video calls for surrogates at various stages of the process. These calls provide another avenue for surrogates to ask questions and get support.
4. More opportunities to provide feedback. Many of the recent changes we have made have come from suggestions from our surrogates. Feedback helps make better improvements. Surrogates are encouraged to provide comments and suggestions to their program coordinators and social workers throughout the process. We also ask surrogates to give us their overall thoughts in an exit interview after the journey.
In addition, we introduced additional avenues for feedback:
- Post-Match Surveys about the application, screening, and matching processes
- A suggestion box for anonymous feedback at any point in the process
- Clinic feedback surveys about recent trips to your IVF clinic
5. Improved medical billing administration. We’ve recently partnered with NES Assurance to help us manage medical billing. Surrogates will have access to an online portal where they can upload bills, track the status of payments, and request reimbursement. This new streamlined system should help everyone stay on the same page about hospital and provider bills.
We have more improvements coming soon, including:
- a clear and concise guide to insurance questions for surrogates
- a mentor system that allows experienced surrogates to match up with women who are just getting started
- an interactive map that will allow Circle surrogates to find other women near them to meet in person
- a series of videos that explain various aspects of the process
We look forward to sharing these additional changes with you soon. If you have any comments or suggestions, let us know.