Circle Surrogacy follows the guidelines put in place by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) to ensure that every surrogate mother is mentally, physically and financially ready to support a surrogate pregnancy.
Surrogate mother requirements indicate that an applicant:
• Must have delivered a child of her own, and is currently parenting at least one child.
•Must have completed successful pregnancy and birth, without complications, as documented by medical records.
• Must be between 21-41 years of age.
• In most circumstances, must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of no higher than 33. Calculate My BMI
• Must be a citizen, legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States. If a surrogate is a legal resident or legal immigrant of the United States, the surrogate must be able to provide documentation that is valid for at least 2 years.
• Must not participate in the following government aid programs: cash assistance, welfare, public housing and section 8. All other forms of government assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Must live in a surrogate-friendly state in the United States (we are very sorry but we cannot accept gestational carriers who reside in Nebraska, Louisiana, Michigan, New York).
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have the support of her family. If married or partnered, the surrogate must have her partner’s support. Also, the surrogate and her partner/primary support person must agree to participate in a social work screening.
• Must be financially secure.
• Must lead a stable, responsible lifestyle.
• Must be willing to travel to a fertility clinic for the in-vitro fertilization (IVF) process. Please note, often these trips include overnight stays.
• Must not use illegal drugs, smoke cigarettes, or abuse alcohol.
In additional to the requirements above, surrogates will work closely with an experienced carrier during her application process, and participate in social work and psychological screenings.